Vx

HPNFlyGirl

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iBrookieMonster
Ok so this semesters class is Psychology. Summer school...yes I know, WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!!!

Last night we were learning about the nervous system. Well the teacher asked us if we knew what VX was. I said "It is the best angle of climb. You use that when you want to clear an obsticle at the end of the runway."

I had no idea that there was a chemical out there that is called VX. Man that is some bad stuff. It is a horrible nerve agent.

My understanding now is:

GOOD BAD
Vx VX

Oh not to mention that there are all kinds of approches in psychology too.

haha brook, sounds like fun! i would imagine if your psychologist said you were on a stabilized approach, you could stop coming to meetings?

VX, I believe, is what Saddam used on the Kurds...

Nasty stuff, it can kill by inhalation or skin contact. As I recall, your only hope of survival is an immediate atroprine (sp?) injection.

Mind you, this is recollection for chemical warfare classes I had in the Army in 1969...

Personally, I prefer Vx.

HPNFlyGirl said:
Last night we were learning about the nervous system. Well the teacher asked us if we knew what VX was. I said "It is the best angle of climb. You use that when you want to clear an obsticle at the end of the runway."

That is classic!!!

What did the prof say in response to that?

Is VX what they used in the movie "The Rock"? I remember Nicholas Cage having to inject something into his stomach or chest because he broke a ball that had the chemical in it.

Brook that is too funny!

I guess it give new meaning to having your head in the clouds.

"Their best??? Losers always whine about their best...."

"It's you... You are the RocketMan!"

nearly all modern pesticides are similar nerve toxins, optimized for bugs instead of people. One of the reasons biowarfare intel is tough is that a legitimate factory for insectiside can be converted or used as a cover for - you guessed it - weapons of mass destruction.

Crop dusters need to be very careful as some of the stuff they spray can also be hazardous to humans if a heavy exposure exists.

TMetzinger said:
Crop dusters need to be very careful as some of the stuff they spray can also be hazardous to humans if a heavy exposure exists.
Back in the day down south they would spray right over their flagmen. I'm not sure how long those guys lived..but I do have a picture to prove it.

smigaldi said:
That is classic!!!

What did the prof say in response to that?

Scott he told me that I had taught him something. :) I have the coolest psych teacher ever. Who knows maybe I will even take the 2nd part to this class. :D

Tonight's lesson spatial orientation. So I had the chance to explain spatial disorientation to the class. :yes:

TMetzinger said:
nearly all modern pesticides are similar nerve toxins, optimized for bugs instead of people. One of the reasons biowarfare intel is tough is that a legitimate factory for insectiside can be converted or used as a cover for - you guessed it - weapons of mass destruction.

Tim, my best friend from camp lived on a farm and was exposed to some sort of pesticide that ended up killing her. :( It made me think when we were discussing that during class the other night.

bkreager said:
Is VX what they used in the movie "The Rock"? I remember Nicholas Cage having to inject something into his stomach or chest because he broke a ball that had the chemical in it.
Sarin

Back