VW Online Parts? [NA]

CJones

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
uHaveNoIdea
I need to buy and replace the Hazard Flasher Switch (which includes the turn signal relay) for my wife's 99 VW Passat. I checked with Advance Auto Parts locally and OReilly's website, but neither seem to have it available. Looks like it will be a dealer or special supplier part.

A quick Google search turns up several online store-fronts, but I don't recognize any of their names. Does anyone know any good online places to get the part shipped to me? The nearest local VW dealer that has a parts department is ~30 min drive away in downtown Des Moines.

Thanks for any info...

I've come across a few that are pretty reputable but I've left the VW world and no longer have them in my favorites directory.

You can go over to www.TDIclub.com and register... inquire on there. They are a diesel group but the rest of the car is pretty much the same on gas engines. Once you post, you'll get several replies on who to best use. There's also a vendor section for parts sources that may help.

I vaguely recall Autohouse and VW Parts Direct. Most any aftermarket supplier will be half or less than dealer prices.

Good luck with the search.

I need to buy and replace the Hazard Flasher Switch (which includes the turn signal relay) for my wife's 99 VW Passat. I

A quick Google search turns up several online store-fronts, but I don't recognize any of their names. Does anyone know any good online places to get the part shipped to me?

Back before I decided I'd never again own another POS VW/Audi, I often used these guys to buy replacement parts.

http://www.rapidparts.com/

They may have what you are looking for, have decent prices, and are a reputable well established (30 yrs) business. I've even been to their storefront.

EDIT: If you don't see it online, call them, they stock a vast array of VW crap.

Last edited:
I think there is an AD/Recall on the Hazard switch. Check the govt Recall notice page. You may be eligible for a free replacement.

Mine still works on my GTI so I never bothered to replace it

Pete

Back