vSphere Client Version 4.1.0

AuntPeggy

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Namaste
Here at work we are using vSphere Client Version 4.1.0. Somehow someone has configured it so that if I open a console window to a VM and then minimize it, there is no telling how many times I must click on its icon in the taskbar before it opens back up. I just quit counting at 17 attempts. Sometimes I sit and click for minutes.

On the other hand, if the icons stack up in the taskbar, I can get them all to appear immediately by left-clicking and selecting one of the "Tile" options.

My physical workstation is XP and the administrator said that if I would upgrade to Windows 7 it would no longer happen. Wrong. I tried it on someone else's Win 7 box and the same thing happens. It is happening to several of us here because we really like using VMs. A lot.

Any ideas?

Same thing happens to me on a win7 machine ..

If I open multiple consoles and they are minimized I can't open them with a single click. If I remember correctly if I click the Client from the task bar then it lets me click and open one of the consoles..
If I see anything different or find a fix I will post it.

Good luck.

Jon

Here at work we are using vSphere Client Version 4.1.0. Somehow someone has configured it so that if I open a console window to a VM and then minimize it, there is no telling how many times I must click on its icon in the taskbar before it opens back up. I just quit counting at 17 attempts. Sometimes I sit and click for minutes.

On the other hand, if the icons stack up in the taskbar, I can get them all to appear immediately by left-clicking and selecting one of the "Tile" options.

My physical workstation is XP and the administrator said that if I would upgrade to Windows 7 it would no longer happen. Wrong. I tried it on someone else's Win 7 box and the same thing happens. It is happening to several of us here because we really like using VMs. A lot.

Any ideas?

Back