IMG_0340.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0354.JPG
    IMG_0354.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0355.JPG
    IMG_0355.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 33
Very impressive coordination between Military, Secret Service, and Local/State Law Enforcement. TFR window from AirForce 2's touchdown, to Marine 2 (and 5 in trail) departure, was like clockwork. Just to confirm, 'they don't play'. Was awesome to see the system in action.

I did not know the VP travelled with that many aircraft.

What sort of plane is AF2? Is it a 757?

I did not know the VP travelled with that many aircraft.

What sort of plane is AF2? Is it a 757?

Yep, 757. Three C-17's came in yesterday afternoon, one left out before dark. Guessing it went up to Indy to drop off the 'Beast' for the VP to do a lap around the track this morning.

Last edited:
Very impressive coordination between Military, Secret Service, and Local/State Law Enforcement. TFR window from AirForce 2's touchdown, to Marine 2 (and 5 in trail) departure, was like clockwork. Just to confirm, 'they don't play'. Was awesome to see the system in action.

Looks like "Army Two" but yes, it takes days even weeks of planning to make it look seemless.

Last edited:
Looking at the color and marking from the ground I thought the same. VPOTUS' twitter called it Marine 2. Watching live is just amazing. Just can't get that from a flat screen.

IMG_2724.JPG
Looking at the color and marking from the ground I thought the same. VPOTUS' twitter called it Marine 2. Watching live is just amazing. Just can't get that from a flat screen.

Was lead a shiny VH-60 like in the pic? Plenty of times VPOTUS will fly Army vs sending HMX aircraft.

When Bill Richardson was running for the presidential nomination, he came through Gallup. No one, I mean no one paid attention. As he was leaving he walked out the door and turned around and waved as if there was a crowd there. There was no crowd. There was not a single person watching and waving back.

I thought the whole staged scene was pretty funny.

Back