Volunteering at AirVenture

FlylikeaGirl

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Tiffany
Last year was our first visit to KOSH and we are in love. Hubs and I will be camping in Scholler again for 2014. I am considering volunteering.

Anyone have any experience volunteering at Airventure they are willing to share? Any tips, what to volunteer for, experience(s) would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Sunblock.
More sunblock.

Don't touch polished airplanes.

I have been volunteering in Vintage for the past 17 years. We were Volunteers of the Year there last year. Vintage flight line volunteering is pretty wide open. Just show up at one of our briefings held at our operations building (catty-corner across the road from the Hangar Cafe) at 9 AM or 1 PM each day. Jobs include, directing airplanes on the taxiway, parking the planes, staffing the operations counter, and crossing guard where the airplanes cross the "road". Other Vintage area volunteering is coordinated via the small volunteer booth directly in front of the Vintage Red Barn.

There is information on other volunteering opportunities here: http://www.airventure.org/volunteers/

If you like camping and like to arrive early you can volunteer to register campers. When you put in 40 hours you get next year free. Great group of people who volunteer every year.

Last edited:
Beware of jerks who intentionally hit parking volunteers with their cars in the parking lot. I know it happened because I was in the back seat.

Back