Voltage and Overvoltage Regulators for 1963 Cherokee 235?

kenjr

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
KenJr
We're replacing the 50 year old original parts which have no serial or part numbers on them. We've got the service manual on fiche and can't find the part number either.

Anyone have any ideas where to find a new replacement?

Thanks!

I don't know what the factory replacements are, but PlanePower has solid state voltage regulators that are PMA'd.

zeftronics also has PMA'd solid state regulators/voltage regulators

We've got a pair of PlanePower alternators on the way to get installed. I'm looking forward to both the extra amperage capacity (a bigger deal for me with the electrical load of the de-iced twin) and also having a new design on there that I hope will be more reliable, not to mention better output at idle.

I remember the generator on my 1953 195 Cessna was used on many cars. The voltage regulator replacement was found at NAPA, same as a 1950-55 ford.

I remember the generator on my 1953 195 Cessna was used on many cars. The voltage regulator replacement was found at NAPA, same as a 1950-55 ford.

But without the magical FAA stamped number or, in the case of some vendors, the magical Sharpie pen.

yeah even in the service manual there is "Chrysler" in parenthesis. :)

Not sure that would 'fly' these days...

We'll take a look at the Zeftronics. Is it a bolt in replacement? What I think I can tell from pictures is that it looks bigger.

We'll take a look at the Zeftronics. Is it a bolt in replacement? What I think I can tell from pictures is that it looks bigger.

It is a direct bolt in replacement for the VR. Get the version with the OV protection built in and eliminate the extra bit (existing OV relay) in the circuit.

yeah even in the service manual there is "Chrysler" in parenthesis. :)

Not sure that would 'fly' these days...

Well, as I understand AC 23-27 you could actually source the Chrysler part.

Back