Vne upright and inverted

Toby

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Toby Speed
Does anyone know if Vne is the same in the 8KCAB whether it's upright or inverted? I was talking to Diana a while back about this, and apparently Vne differs for those two attitudes in some a/c. I'm wondering which a/c are affected this way (all?), and why this is so, and also what the number would be for the 8KCAB inverted. Ken, do you have any information?

Thanx.

Toby said:
Does anyone know if Vne is the same in the 8KCAB whether it's upright or inverted? I was talking to Diana a while back about this, and apparently Vne differs for those two attitudes in some a/c. I'm wondering which a/c are affected this way (all?), and why this is so, and also what the number would be for the 8KCAB inverted. Ken, do you have any information?

Thanx.

Just a guess, Toby, but since the g load ratings are typically greater for positive as opposed to negative g's, it would seem to me that inverted Vne might have to be less. Just a guess, though. You might want to try posting that on AOPA and see if Cap'n Ron has an answer.

RotaryWingBob said:
Just a guess, Toby, but since the g load ratings are typically greater for positive as opposed to negative g's, it would seem to me that inverted Vne might have to be less. Just a guess, though. You might want to try posting that on AOPA and see if Cap'n Ron has an answer.

Typically Vne is a speed related to control surface flutter.

Back