VK-30 $150K

I keep wondering how much more efficient it would be if the prop was out front in undisturbed air...;)

I have read (sorry, don't recall where) that they have cooling issues.

Could be fullachit.

I have read (sorry, don't recall where) that they have cooling issues.

Could be fullachit.

They have 'falling out of the sky' issues. Not that many completed, a good number of them already crashed, many of them with fatalities.

Ok, good enough.

Stay away, Dave!

The original Klapmeier design! I actually still have the marketing videotape they sent out when they were marketing the kits.

Why did/does the VK-30 have such a bad rap?
Why so few sold and why so many crashes?

Tim

Why did/does the VK-30 have such a bad rap?
Why so few sold and why so many crashes?

I looked through them at one point and there was no rhyme or reason to it. They crashed for all the same reasons as other aircraft, just at an alarming rate.

But Sully flew it, so it must be safe!

It's safe when he flies it. Me? Perhaps not quite as safe. (But I am conservative and careful to make up for my skill level.)

I looked through them at one point and there was no rhyme or reason to it. They crashed for all the same reasons as other aircraft, just at an alarming rate.

Interesting. I wonder how it handles, the same as all other planes, something unique?
Also, the performance on the ad page does not match Wiki and a dozen other sights. So which is true....

Tim

I know, I know, I know why they crash, the engine is on the wrong end of the airplane! Duh! :)

no plans to buy or fly...just want to ensure I pay due attention to every last odd duck airplane out there in my flying life.

Back