Visited States Map

Terry

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Terry
Hi All:

Does the board have any pilots that have ALL the states colored?

I only have 4. Should get to add Colorado this coming weekend.

Terry

Hi All:

I haven't seen any with all 48 yet. There are a couple that come close. I suppose someone who's got all 48 probably doesn't bother with the silly map anyway. ;)

i think i've seen a couple with all of them filled in...

i know we've been over it plenty of times, but can someone link me to the site where you fill in all the states on the map? also, last time i tried to put it on my signature, it wouldnt go... little help?

i think i've seen a couple with all of them filled in...

i know we've been over it plenty of times, but can someone link me to the site where you fill in all the states on the map? also, last time i tried to put it on my signature, it wouldnt go... little help?
The site is linked from the map in my signature.

To put it in your signature, you need to go to User CP->Edit Signature, upload the picture from your hard drive (after saving it to your hard drive when you generate it), then add [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] to your signature. If you want to make it a clickable link, wrap the SIGPIC tags in /[/url ] tags (without the spaces).

haha! there we go. thanks jay.

edit - but my signature doesnt post after every post?

Attachments

• VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
haha! there we go. thanks jay.

edit - but my signature doesnt post after every post?
Did you edit your signature to include it? Looks like you attached it to your post explicitly. Editing your signature is done from the User Control Panel (CP).

ok, but is my signature going to follow this post? i dunno....

edit - HEY! THERE IT GOES!!! THX JAY.

Thx for the help guys. I got it in two minutes flat!

Hi All:

I only have 4. Should get to add Colorado this coming weekend.

Terry
Geico's map shows that he has flown in all 50 states; 49 of them in RVs.

I've got 48. I've been to all 50 but only flew in the lower 48. Been to 6 continents and even sailed across the Pacific...twice.

To count a state, you have to do something. Flying over it doesn't count.

Even a stop doesn't count if you don't do something -- eat regional food at a restaurant (McDonald's doesn't count), visit an attraction unique to that state (going to see a movie doesn't count), etc. Getting gas and then flying away doesn't count.

Them're my rules for counting a state.

Even a stop doesn't count if you don't do something -- eat regional food at a restaurant (McDonald's doesn't count), visit an attraction unique to that state (going to see a movie doesn't count), etc. Getting gas and then flying away doesn't count.

Is that why you don't have a map? :D :rofl:

If you land in a state it counts. As long a s your the PIC

While I applaud your effort to get out and explore, and even more like your discounting of McDonalds as 'food', I think your requirements for state color are too stringent. Most people are fine with a landing in which they were the pilot somewhere within the State.

A takeoff or landing in a state is good enough for me, my map is weak

On the move trying to catch up to Geico.

I figure if you land somewhere and sign the airport register, you're on record as having been there. By your rules I've never been to Vermont even though I'm moving here and just spent a week here looking for a place to live. I guess I'd better go visit Ben and Jerry's or take it off my map. :rolleyes:

I've never in my life signed one of those 'airport registers'. Why would anyone do that? I guess I've never seen the benefit.

And I doubt you're 'on record' for anything. Those things can't be required and I'm sure have no legal procedure for record keeping. The FBO could easily just throw it away after you leave. Your signature map carries about as much weight as one of those books.

There are actually rules about this? :eek: :D :rofl:

I've never in my life signed one of those 'airport registers'. Why would anyone do that? I guess I've never seen the benefit.

Sometimes it's the only evidence of traffic if the field isn't regularly attended. More traffic = more funding. So, if there's a place to go inside and I see the book, I'll sign it.

And I doubt you're 'on record' for anything. Those things can't be required and I'm sure have no legal procedure for record keeping. The FBO could easily just throw it away after you leave. Your signature map carries about as much weight as one of those books.
Nobody said anything about legal record keeping. Just that you left a "record" that you were there that, in principle, someone at the FBO could verify.

Frankly, je m'en fous. It's my map and my standards, so I'll use the criteria I want. If I land to a full stop and shut down and do something there, like go inside, buy fuel, or sign the book, it counts as far as I'm concerned.

The position of "it's your map, keep it as you like" is my point.

There are rules, but they are like religions. Just make up your own and then argue to the death about why yours are the right ones. :mad2::lol:

Can you post the rules? Thanks

After flying across Texas I decided that it should count as at least two states. :)

Right, no rules, except those you make up for yourself. My rules (that apply only to myself) require that I do something unique to that state:

California -- Land at Oceanside, walk to beach
North Carolina -- Land at First Flight, visit the museum
Arizona -- Land at Page, take a tour of Antelope Canyon
South Dakota -- land at Wall, walk over and visit Wall Drug
Nebraska -- land at Alliance, use the courtesy car to see Carhenge

I do count a state if I sleep in the FBO overnight. I especially enjoy those old World War II airports at night. Lots of lights, and a few memories (ghosts?) hanging around.

Last edited:
Did an Alaska trip having trouble updating my map. Do the operation fly thing and they update for you. In the end it's all about the flying.

Back