Virtual Personal Assistant

Mtns2Skies

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Mtns2Skies
I just got a Google Home Mini and my roommate has an Amazon Echo. Holy cow are these things useful! Kind of dumb with some things, but as a whole I can't believe I didn't jump on this train sooner.

While I know going to a computer and googling things certainly isn't a laborious task, it just makes simple questions and requests happen so much faster and with so much less effort. You can even make phone calls! It easily replaces those odd conference style speaker phones and the audio quality is great.

I chose the Google product because I have a Pixel 2 phone and a Chromebook. The Amazon one is still just as good with it's fake AI and usefulness - though us roommates occasionally add silly things to his Amazon cart - whereas the Google one recognizes my voice only for purchasing things.

10/10 would recommend either.

Was just given an amazon echo,not sure I want to be listened to 24/7.willing to five it a try.

He's putting the personal in personal assistant lol.

I got the Echo Dot a while ago. Not bad for certain things.
I like being able to set alarms by just saying so.
Also, I'm a troublesome sleeper...and can say turn on ocean sounds, etc.
Echo, what time is it, what's the temp, what's the weather report?
The add to shopping list is a nice feature too.

Btw...How would you rate that Pixel 2?
I have had Google phones for quite some time. My Nexus 6P has been quite glitchy since a cord melted in the charge port, and I switched it out, along with an aftermarket battery.

Btw...How would you rate that Pixel 2?
I have had Google phones for quite some time. My Nexus 6P has been quite glitchy since a cord melted in the charge port, and I switched it out, along with an aftermarket battery.
I'm thrilled with it. My single and only thing that hasn't amazed me is battery life. I had a 3 year old Motorolla droid turbo 2 before this pixel and I'd say that battery life is only slightly better than the old droid, but that was with everything except Wifi off on the old phone whereas I can have everything on with the Pixel. The camera is amazing and its a very fast phone.

The fingerprint feature is amazing and useful as well.

Darn.. I was hoping you'd say it was crap so I wouldn't be tempted ha ha.

With the new phone prices, all the companies must have figured out we are using them for some aviation related apps :)

We have an Echo and three dots in the house along with a Samsung Smart hub and a Harmony Hub. We control three light bulbs and to outlet switches and the entertainment stuff currently.

Back