Virginia Coastal Fly-In

Vaflier

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Vaflier
Come join us for our first Virginia Coastal Flyin at KMFV on October the 18 th starting at 11AM until 3 PM. Good food and good people and its FREE. Hot Dogs , Hamburgers and EASTERN SHORE CHERRYSTONE STEAMED CLAMS. enjoy the beauty of the Chesapeake Bay are and Virginia's Eastern Shore and drop on in for good food and tall tales.

For more info drop me a note or visist Https://esvapilots.wordpress.com

Sponsored by the Eastern Shore of Virginia Pilots Association

Randy Powell
757-710-2212
Randywpowell@verizon.net

Last edited:
Randy, sounds like a fun time. I'll put it on the calendar and see if I can make it.

Since you are on the eastern shore - do you know what is up with Campbell Field? Is it still open? I heard that they stopped doing the Soup on Sunday events a few years ago and the website hasn't been updated in a long time.

As I understand it Gordon and his wife had a new baby and between the new child and other business pursuits I think he simply no longer has the time he once did. He keeps the grass cut and the field is open but there is no one there. I guess as so often happens , life gets in the way of our fun. The soup on sunday events is a big part of the reason we are trying to do something similar at MFV. We enjoyed it as well. We hope to be able to create a similar atmosphere and ongoing event for everyones enjoyment. hope to see you there.

I had put this on my calendar and It look like I may be able to make it...:goofy: The weather even looks good...:yes: Anyone else coming???:):):)

Hope to see all of you there it will be fun to meet some of the members of this board.

I'm going to try to make it as well. MFV was the destination of my first solo XC from Hanover (OFP) 22 years ago; my instructor figured it would be pretty easy to figure out if I went too far.

If I recall, the "Soup on Sunday" started at Crisfield (W41), stopped for whatever reason, and Gordon revived the concept after he purchased the old Kellam Field. I'm impressed he was able to do it as long as he was able to; knowing how stressful it is to host a party for even a handful of folks, having scores of people fly-in every Sunday and feeding them was quite an undertaking.

500 clams ordered, burgers, hot dogs , etc, pretty girl as well. Shes my wife hands off !

Unfortunately can't make it. Just realized I have to usher this Sunday. I may try to make the Williamsburg (JGG) open house on Saturday.

Great job by the Eastern Shore of Virginia Pilots Association and the crew at the terminal. Excellent food and service despite windy conditions and chilly temps.

Thanks for hosting a fun event!!

N6708R

Gary, glad you came down and had a good time. We all enjoyed it as well . We placed a request for better weather but it did not happen. Still it was an enjoyable day meeting good people. We will do it again.

Back