Viking crash

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JsSbGdIDzE

Anybody know when and where this happened? You can tell he was on the verge of a stall the way he was wallowing around... I wonder if he was trying to stretch the glide to the lake/pond? This is a visual reinforcement to the "put the nose down, maintain thy airspeed" mantra.

that one was on "Destroyed in Seconds"

Thanks, Dave! Usually these reports will say "the accident was captured on video and the NTSB reviewed it"; interesting that this one doesn't.

I know of three that went in the drink including this one. They don't float quite as well as you might think with that much wood in there. All 3 were were non-fatal. One in Canada probably won't show up on any databases but was an offshore ldg in Lk Erie decades ago.
Another was a pal who used to own one long before I knew him and landed in Possum Kingdom lake. He let me scan some pics he had I will try to find them.

At least he didn't turn back to the airport. That almost certainly would have killed them.

the N reg is there if you want to find the report....he said the throttle became disconnected I believe
I think he and the instructor had minor injuries if any.

Attachments

• WetWood1.JPG
    WetWood1.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 19
  • WetWood2.JPG
    WetWood2.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 19
  • WetWood3.JPG
    WetWood3.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 18
  • WetWood4.JPG
    WetWood4.JPG