Video Recommendations

Rob Schaffer

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
CLR2TKF
Guys & Gals,.. I'm looking for some recommendations for some helpful Aviation videos to have for general knowledge, information, or just for enjoyment.

I've been thinking about some of the Sporty's What you Should Know series,... like the Take-off and Landings DVD. I'm not interested in a full PP DVD set, cause I'm going through the Jepp Manual for my training info and ground studies, just wanted some thoughts on some good vids to have in the Library. (ok,.. I don't have a library,.. or office, barely a desk to write the bills,... but you get the idea :rolleyes: )

Thanks

Sporty's set with Richard Collins is good, although he was a brain block on landing with a tailwind. (No. You don't need to add airspeed.)

I've found the King School supplemental videos to be pretty well done but they are quite expensive.

They are expensive,... twice as much ($49) compared to ($24) for the Takeoff and Landings DVD, which have comparable run times. Their humor is funny though and I check them out on YouTube sometimes. I like the one about items on the Sectional, where he talks about the tower height and elevations shown. :D

Trick is to find some that wont put u to sleep

The King "Jeppesen Chart Review" is a pretty good all around IFR refresher.
Got to tell John that when he was sitting on my deck last summer.

Back