[video] Rapid City, Mt. Rushmore & Crazy Horse

Sinistar

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Brad
Finally finished up the video from a December trip out to Rapid City. I wanna do this again, it was fun!!!

I want to go back there - that area is really cool with the Badlands, Black Hills, and Devil's Tower all within proximity. Pretty sure I'd prefer the warm wx though - looks pretty cold.

I want to go back there - that area is really cool with the Badlands, Black Hills, and Devil's Tower all within proximity. Pretty sure I'd prefer the warm wx though - looks pretty cold.
On my next trip I will fly this monuments differently (traffic permitting). And I still want to fly by the Devil's Tower and also land at Spearfish.

The wx was weird that day. It was very cold when we left with this light snow. Had to delay a bit to leave. When we landed in Pierre it was kinda nice, heavy sweatshirt weather. When we landed in Rapid City the sun was about to go down and it was downright cold, probably about to go below zero. Then again, we covered almost 500 miles and I hadn't given the wx changing much thought as I'd normally drive that route and it would all happen a lot slower.

FYI: A few people asked about the still images in the video. They are not from the Gopro cameras. My friend Steve had his big old Nikon D800 and was using a 24-70mm lens. The stills were taken at 70mm and then cropped even more for the video. I wish a gopro had that range and resolution!

Back