Video of my flight from Alaska to Oshkosh...

akpilot907

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
citabriav8tr
Most of you may already know that I flew my Citabria from Alaska to Oshkosh raising awareness and support for Wounded Warriors... Everything was a success... I shot LOTS of Go Pro footage on the 67.2 total hour trip covering 5,600nm... Anyways, I'll shut up so you can just watch it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNNBgMstm1E

Let me know what you think... Looking for feedback :wink2:

Nice video,may have run across your path ,as I did Norwood mass to Fairbanks and then on to osh.

Does the Citabria have a comfortable seat lol....

Nice video

Nice video, and a great organization to raise money for. My Corvette club does a fund raiser for Wounded Warriors every year.

Congratulations.:thumbsup:

Great adventure!!! You rock, young man.

What part of Alaska are you in? I'll be making my first journey there in summer 2015.

Great job on all fronts.

Makes me want to go fly - right now, for a very long time.

You were wayyyyyyy left of the centerline at around 2:16!!!!;)

Great video...thanks for sharing...

Most of all thank you for raising awareness for our wounded warriors!!:yes:

You were wayyyyyyy left of the centerline at around 2:16!!!!;)

Great video...thanks for sharing...

Most of all thank you for raising awareness for our wounded warriors!!:yes:

My eyes... Dang prescription eye wear...

Attachments

• mrdeeds2.jpg
    mrdeeds2.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 13
Had a few bug strikes on the way back up through the ALCAN...

Attachments

• DSCN1854.JPG
    DSCN1854.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 29
  • DSCN1855.JPG
    DSCN1855.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 27
  • DSCN1857.JPG
    DSCN1857.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 23

Don't let the environmentalists see that....Its bad PR for GA!!!;)

We will get restricted to 5k minimums where the bugs don't fly!!!

Tower: "666CA you will need to divert.....we have a flock of butterfly's crossing the runway"

"Um...this is 666CA....give me vectors to the biggest swarm...my tail number is no joke!!":yes:

Great video. :yes:

Here in the midwest every flight I clean the bugs off my airplane. It looks just as the pics of your airplane with the bugs all over it and these are just one hr flights.

They say it takes a hard freezing winter to kill off a lot of these bugs. After last winter I never thought we would see another bug. Bug I guess "they" do not know what "they" are talking about. Last summer we had more buds then ever.

Great video and I posted it to my facebook page. Thanks for sharing.

Tony

I'm in North Pole... Just outside Fairbanks... What are your stops in AK?

Flying in Talkeetna: http://www.alaskafloats.com

I like one thing you did with the GoPro in this video. You obviously had it tied into your audio (how?), and edited the video for time... so, to "mark" where you were, you tuned local AWOS stations so you'd hear that... "RAPID CITY AIRPORT, xxxx ZULU WEATHER..."

Nice idea!

Nice job, nice video, nice cause!

Great video! It's people like you who are giving GA a positive reputation. Keep up the good work!

Awesome video, good for you, Man!

Flying in Talkeetna: http://www.alaskafloats.com

I like one thing you did with the GoPro in this video. You obviously had it tied into your audio (how?), and edited the video for time... so, to "mark" where you were, you tuned local AWOS stations so you'd hear that... "RAPID CITY AIRPORT, xxxx ZULU WEATHER..."

Nice idea!

Thanks! I had an audio spliter in the cockpit tied into my GoPro. When It came time to edit and cut the footage... The audio was already on the video...

I used audacity to pull some audio from video and turn it into an MP3 file to use at the beginning. The ATIS stuff was a good idea, huh? Thanks!

What an experience. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CONGRATS!!

You did what we all wish to do.

Thanks for serving Veterans.

Thanks White Cracker!

While I was deployed to Manas Air Transit Center in Kyrgyzstan, I saw the effects war had on the returning troops coming back from Afgamastan on their way back to the states... When I returned home 6 months later, I had shared these stories with friends and family back home, no one knew what the Wounded Warrior project did... They only knew that it was there and did somethig helpful...

My job was to make sure people knew WHAT and HOW they helped... The flight to Oshkosh called, One Flight for Warriors was born...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks again for bring the wounded warrior issues to the front. You are to be commended.

It really is an important issue and many people take it for granted... This program helped many troops down range...

We had C17s pick up the fallen and wounded in Afgamastan... On board was blankets and teddy bears... It was extremely comforting and we could see the difference.

It really is an important issue and many people take it for granted... This program helped many troops down range...

We had C17s pick up the fallen and wounded in Afgamastan... On board was blankets and teddy bears... It was extremely comforting and we could see the difference.

My very good friend here in Jackson has flown several missions in his CJ-4 Citation transporting the wounded and their families all over the country for treatment, therapy etc. etc...... He is probably into the 6 figure range out of his own pocket to pull this off... And no one knows and he hates publicity......

Magic stuff happens out of the view of the general public's eyes...:yes:

Colorado, or Washington, Tony? :rofl:

Now that is a funny typo. Some BIG BUDS, Christmas tree size...lol..

Damn buds will get you every time, and cleaning them off my prop sucks. Its growing I tell you.

Back