Video of landing, Gastons

Nice video Nick! Was Piper the one holding the camera? :) After you mentioned the oil access door, I couldn't help but fixate on it. ;)

I was wondering if anyone else got any video shots while at Gaston's? We took the video cam, but we were too busy flying to use it.

Great video Nick. This one has to be added to the video section of the web site!
Also, glad to hear you made it back safely.

I have a short video of us landing ( Bumpy as hell) and good video of Diana taking off in the Citabria, Greg taking off and landing in the 195, Chips low pass and Eds low pass...But I have now Idea how to get it from Mini DV tape to the computer.

AdamZ said:
I have a short video of us landing ( Bumpy as hell) and good video of Diana taking off in the Citabria, Greg taking off and landing in the 195, Chips low pass and Eds low pass...But I have now Idea how to get it from Mini DV tape to the computer.
If your computer has an S video input, you can buy a miniDV cable that goes into that. If you want to send me the tape, I can convert it for you.

AdamZ said:
Adam, have you been able to get the video to your computer yet?

If it's a Sony camcorder, they generally have a firewire port on them. That's how I pull off my mum's MiniDV.

Nice video Nick but you didn't show your score (they were scoring all the landings this year as well weren't they?).

bstratt said:
Nice video Nick but you didn't show your score (they were scoring all the landings this year as well weren't they?).

Nope - someone forgot the scoring paddles, as I understand. But I'm sure I'd have scored at least perfect. :D

bbchien said:
I've got a 1.48 gB Video shot by Susan. Nick, can you host it?
\Wow...thats pretty big, Bruce. I can try to host it for you, but how would you get it to me?

You can always snail mail it to me, and I'll put it up

Why not just set up a directory and allow Doc to FTP it to you?

bbchien said:
Yeah, it's too big for my outgoing server. Sigh.

Can you reduce the data content by compressing or snipping it into parts? A single 1.5 GB file is too big for anyone to download anyway.

SCCutler said:
Why not just set up a directory and allow Doc to FTP it to you?
Bruce, I can set an FTP account for you and Nick. Give me a call or an email.

I want to add my Gaston's video landing here with the rest.
This was a few years before I flew into Gastons with Diana and the Forum guys and gals. I had two of my three children with me. We were flying in from Russellville, Ak. for breakfast. There was a storm a brewing to the North up in Mo. It was early in the morning so it is just a little dark in the video. For you that have watched other Gaston Videos, you might notice I forgot to open my oil checking door to get my speed slowed down on landing. But, I did manage to get it on the ground. Someone had parked along side the runway to give me a little more challenge. (Video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVyRFvg7A28

Back