[Video, Not Mine] This had me cracking up

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
I am not overly familiar with Lewdix aviation but this popped up in my feed and I never sit through videos this long. If you have a short attention span, just go to CFI number 2. I thought this whole thing was funny.

I've had all three of those instructors at one time or another...plus a few more.

One question: Why are they British, flying US planes?

I've had a few #3's, but mainly #4's the uber professional who pays attention and gets your competency from here to there as efficiently as possible. I guess I've been lucky?

Thankfully, I've never had any of those instructors, but that video is hilarious! I guess I just got lucky, considering I didn't do any "instructor shopping". I really enjoyed my training, partly because lessons were a lot like getting together with a good friend and doing something fun together, and it just happened that I learned lots of cool stuff. I couldn't imagine on those days when I just wasn't getting it if my CFI had been like any of those three. Geez, I feel lucky. LOL

I've had all three of those instructors at one time or another...plus a few more.

I think the guy that runs that channel came from over the pond. Not sure, but I think so. That's just his normal accent.

lewdix is pretty funny. one of the few aviation youtubers I can stand to watch.

I am playing catch up. I knew of him but hadn't followed him.
Dude appears to be having a blast when he is flying. Like a kid in candy store.
Fun to watch.

Answer, because they are in the US, where there is a general lack of abundance of British planes.

Answer, because they are in the US, where there is a general lack of abundance of British planes.
LOL, guess I would have figured that out myself if I had put to work a brain cell or two. It surprised me that they both were british, but whatever.

I don't need a CFI at the moment but, is there something wrong with me if i would be willing to pay just to fly with #2 and #3?

I don't need a CFI at the moment but, is there something wrong with me if i would be willing to pay just to fly with #2 and #3?

No, just that you're a little nuts. ;) As a confident pilot, #2 and #3 might be kinda funny to fly with, but I think I'd pay *not* to fly with the first one!!

No, just that you're a little nuts. ;) As a confident pilot, #2 and #3 might be kinda funny to fly with, but I think I'd pay *not* to fly with the first one!!

yeah, #1 would probably get jettisoned with proper FAA approval, of course.

LOL, guess I would have figured that out myself if I had put to work a brain cell or two. It surprised me that they both were british, but whatever.

Lots of people come from the UK and Europe to get flight training. But with a US certificate, they are relegated to flying N registered aircraft. Even in their home country.

Though I’m not a CFI, I can appreciate the 2nd character.

“No no, I didn’t do any fighting. I was a base camp chef. But, soldiers cannot fight on empty stomachs!”

Describes my time in the service pretty well haha ;)

I am not overly familiar with Lewdix aviation but this popped up in my feed and I never sit through videos this long. If you have a short attention span, just go to CFI number 2. I thought this whole thing was funny.

Agghhh. 41:53.. uh, what were we talkin about, oh yeah, instructor 2. Can ya give us a time to forward to?

Though I’m not a CFI, I can appreciate the 2nd character.

“No no, I didn’t do any fighting. I was a base camp chef. But, soldiers cannot fight on empty stomachs!”

Describes my time in the service pretty well haha ;)

Lots of people come from the UK and Europe to get flight training. But with a US certificate, they are relegated to flying N registered aircraft. Even in their home country.

You can fly a UK registered aircraft in the UK on a US licence. Can't take it abroad, though.

Haha oh I have a story like this… except substitute Korea for Savannah GA. My unit was relieving another unit who was recycling this weird brown stew for WEEKS. Needless to say we threw it out, cooked everything fresh, and didn’t pay for a single drink the entire time.

I've done a couple IFR currency sessions with Lew, good guy to work with. He is none of the characters in the video :).

Back