Video files

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
My point and shoot camera takes videos, it records in MJPEG, How can I convert to file I can up load to youtube?

I run a iMac 10.7 and simply remove the card from the camera and enter it in the iMac slot, and iPhoto automatically loads it.

but youtube refuses to upload them.

Last edited:
My point and shoot camera takes videos, it records in MJPEG, How can I convert to file I can up load to youtube?

I run a iMac 10.7 and simply remove the card from the camera and enter it in the iMac slot, and iPhoto automatically loads it.

but youtube refuses to upload them.
I'm not a Mac guy but if you have iMovie it might be able to convert to mpeg or avi

Even if you don't want them edited run them through the editing software imovie I think it is. Just upload them to imovie then save, and it should work. Probably a popup direct to youtube or vimeo button on the editor. And vimeo is another option, vimeo sometimes works better then youtube.

Even if you don't want them edited run them through the editing software imovie I think it is. Just upload them to imovie then save, and it should work. Probably a popup direct to youtube or vimeo button on the editor. And vimeo is another option, vimeo sometimes works better then youtube.

This! If you want to spend 5 hours using crappy software to do it.

Seriously, get Handbrake, never look back.

This! If you want to spend 5 hours using crappy software to do it.

Seriously, get Handbrake, never look back.

handbrake is great but I can't imagine uploading videos without at least cutting something. And if you can solve the problem when cutting without waiting on handbrake so much the better.

The problem is the stupid IPhoto, once iPhoto saves the file to its location none of these up loaders can find it. and you can't send it to any other location except which it allows. with "SHARE"

photo stream, FB, flica, or email.

and now I have a file in the trash that I do not want to delete, and can't find a way to put it back to where it came from

The problem is the stupid IPhoto, once iPhoto saves the file to its location none of these up loaders can find it. and you can't send it to any other location except which it allows. with "SHARE"

photo stream, FB, flica, or email.

and now I have a file in the trash that I do not want to delete, and can't find a way to put it back to where it came from

iPhoto saves in a specific place, it's in its Preferences. You can copy stuff out of there.

To restore from Trash, right click the item. There will be a menu option.

iPhoto saves in a specific place, it's in its Preferences. You can copy stuff out of there.

To restore from Trash, right click the item. There will be a menu option.

the "put back" button under file does not light up to allow it to be used

and right clicking the file does give a drop out window, but there is no option to put back

and copy does nothing

Last edited:
Copy and paste the file to another folder other than Trash, then convert to a format (I'm staying out of that one... Handbrake has been recommended and it'd work, if YT doesn't like the file from your camera) that YouTube likes and upload.

Back