Video editor

DaytonaLynn

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
One who misses Daytona!
I am looking to move to a Go Pro and wonder what the majority of already GoPro users use for their editor?

Thanks

I use the free gopro studio but only because I'm a rookie and haven't tried anything else yet.

The software you download from the GoPro site isn't bad, and there is always Windows Movie Maker and/or iMovie depending on whether you are on Windows or Mac. I think those are the top free options and all will do a pretty good job if you're looking to just add titles and put clips together.

I'm on a Mac and am a huge fan of Final Cut Pro X. That's what I've used to make videos for flying as well as other stuff. My latest clip is at https://vimeo.com/85152177 and was edited entirely (video, music, and compositing) with Final Cut Pro.

I know nothing about Go-Pro other than that it's a video camera of some sort. I do know that I use Adobe Premiere Pro for editing videos, mainly because it's included in my Creative Cloud subscription.

It's not what I would call simple to use. I figure I understand maybe two percent of what it can do. I'm not sure that even Spielberg fully understands all of its capabilities. But I doubt that it lacks any feature anyone could possibly want.

-Rich

Start with Movie maker live if you have a pc or imovie if you use a mac. Both free and probably already installed. All the paid ones have free trials but you will go nuts with analysis paralysis if you go playing around. If you hit the limits of one of those then go shopping, all the buttons look different among different editors but they all work the same so editing skills are transferable with a little familiarity.

On the windows side, I've got Adobe Premiere Elements. It works reasonably well.

I have this also but usually default to MS Live Movie Maker because it is easy and gets a decent result.

Back