Video Clips (P51, Corsair, B-29, Sky Raider, etc)

Sinistar

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Brad
My niece's father in law is way into aviation. He shared these links with me.

War Stallion (2) mustangs flying in the clouds is just awesome:

This one..all of it...is awesome. I thought starting at 2:19 is pretty damn cool!!!

Corsair

DOC In Flight

Full List Of Videos:
https://vimeo.com/aeromediagroup

My niece's father in law is way into aviation. He shared these links with me.

DOC In Flight

Full List Of Videos:
https://vimeo.com/aeromediagroup

Seeing a B-29 in flight filmed in color brings out a perspective that's unfamiliar, yet stunning. It's something that's not conveyed in the old black and white films shot in the 40s and the 50s.

The B-29 is truly a magnificent aircraft. It's a shame there are only a few remaining examples, with just two being airworthy.

I always enjoy telling the story of my late friend Colonel Ralph J. Evans. Ralph's initial training to fly the Superfortress was accomplished in specially modified B-17s, because there was a shortage of training aircraft. It wasn't until he and his crew were ordered to Wichita, the location of Boeing Plant 2, that he and his crew first flew the B-29.

After an intensive three week training period, Ralph and his crew were assigned a new B-29, with orders to fly it to Saipan and join the 73rd Bombardment Wing of the XXI Bomber Command. They hopscotched from Wichita, to Suisan Bay, to Honolulu, to Midway, and finally Saipan. When Ralph flew his first combat mission to Japan, he was nineteen years old.

When Ralph passed away in 1994, his widow, knowing how much I respected Ralph, gave me his US Army Air Forces pilot wings and his later Command Pilot Wings, which he earned as a B-52B squadron commander. He also commanded a B-52H bomber wing. They are among my most prized possessions.

Seeing a B-29 in flight filmed in color brings out a perspective that's unfamiliar, yet stunning. It's something that's not conveyed in the old black and white films shot in the 40s and the 50s.

The B-29 is truly a magnificent aircraft. It's a shame there are only a few remaining examples, with just two being airworthy.

I always enjoy telling the story of my late friend Colonel Ralph J. Evans. Ralph's initial training to fly the Superfortress was accomplished in specially modified B-17s, because there was a shortage of training aircraft. It wasn't until he and his crew were ordered to Wichita, the location of Boeing Plant 2, that he and his crew first flew the B-29.

After an intensive three week training period, Ralph and his crew were assigned a new B-29, with orders to fly it to Saipan and join the 73rd Bombardment Wing of the XXI Bomber Command. They hopscotched from Wichita, to Suisan Bay, to Honolulu, to Midway, and finally Saipan. When Ralph flew his first combat mission to Japan, he was nineteen years old.

When Ralph passed away in 1994, his widow, knowing how much I respected Ralph, gave me his US Army Air Forces pilot wings and his later Command Pilot Wings, which he earned as a B-52B squadron commander. He also commanded a B-52H bomber wing. They are among my most prized possessions.
Cool story and thanks for sharing. Having those wings must be pretty damn honorable :)

Yeah, this is the first high quality footage I have seen of the B-29 in flight. Just, absolutely gorgeous. Time 2:20 in the DOC video is absolute perfection in cinematography!! And at time 3:00 when you can see that big plane's wake in the clouds. It is just impossible to imagine being a crew member seeing 50 or more of these in full dusk or dawn colors at close quarters. Wow!

The War Stallion video almost looks CGI because the backgrounds/lighting is just flawless.
I know. Its kind of like their intro graphics are done in just a way that you could think its the highest quality Disney/Pixar animation and then you realize its darned good camera work.

I haven't seen many P51's up close. But after watching this one...I think they paint scheme is bad ass. Love the black on the top of the motor cowling and the tail. Then everything else clean.

If you like the mustangs the XP-82(??) in formation with the B-29 in the other video is pretty rare and unique. 6 props all running close together. Sorta like a bookend for the US capabilities as the war ended.

I know. Its kind of like their intro graphics are done in just a way that you could think its the highest quality Disney/Pixar animation and then you realize its darned good camera work.

I haven't seen many P51's up close. But after watching this one...I think they paint scheme is bad ass. Love the black on the top of the motor cowling and the tail. Then everything else clean.

If you like the mustangs the XP-82(??) in formation with the B-29 in the other video is pretty rare and unique. 6 props all running close together. Sorta like a bookend for the US capabilities as the war ended.

I was almost thinking something being done in MSFS or X-Plane, lol. The paint scheme with the black on top of the cowl is probably more functional than aesthetic, since I'd imagine the glare off of a shiny metal cowl could be blinding.

Owning a spam can sized exterior clone of these warbirds would be pretty neat. They truly have beautiful lines (my favorite is the Corsair).

Back