Video Camera

rmciottijr

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
rmciottijr
I know something like this was posted before but I am not looking for a cheap video camera. Does anyone have any suggestions on a high quality video camera. Any pros and cons with memory, media type, battery, lighting.

Thanks for any help.

Bob

Bob: I got a Samsung something or other at Best Buy pretty cheap and has a decent amount of features and good resolution. If you looking for something to tape the delivery I'll lend you mine. We can meet at Wings tomorrow and I'll give it to ya. Just give me a call.

Thanks Adam but I am just looking to get something for when she is here so I can be the crazy Dad with the camera lol

rmciottijr said:
Does anyone have any suggestions on a high quality video camera.

Bob,

Are you talking $800 high quality, $3000 high quality, or don't-even-ask high quality?

HPNFlyGirl said:
Are you going to video the birth?

My wife told me that if I even *thought* about videotaping Tomster's arrival, I could be certain - completely and physically assured - of never even trying to procreate again.

Simple choice.

Not that I wanted to anyway.

That's about what my wife said, no Brook I don't have a video camera now (well I do but it is one you rest on your shoulder) and I would like to have one for when the little one comes to town. Kent $500-$800 is about what I am looking for. I am going to the camera shop this week and get some information on them.

I am not up to speed on the new media and I don't want to fall in the trap like the Betamax. FYI I never had a Betamax lol. So if anyone can give me advice on what to look for and what to stay away from that would be great.

Thanks,
Bob

SCCutler said:
My wife told me that if I even *thought* about videotaping Tomster's arrival, I could be certain - completely and physically assured - of never even trying to procreate again.

Simple choice.

Not that I wanted to anyway.

At some point before my oldest was born, a coworker insisted that I see the photo's he took of his son's birth. That served to ensure that I would NEVER want to take pictures! :eek::eek:

The memory of my children's births is all I need. They are the happiest memories that I carry. :yes:

rmciottijr said:
Kent $500-$800 is about what I am looking for. I am going to the camera shop this week and get some information on them.

Bob,

First of all, go digital. Even if you haven't figured out the whole video editing thing yet, you'll be a step ahead when you do. Go for a camera that uses MiniDV tapes, not Sony's "Digital8" (there's your new-age Betamax).

The higher end of your price range will get you a pretty decent prosumer-level camera, still single CCD but good quality.

A good start would be Canon's Optura series.

Back