Video - Assorted Planes Landing LAX

Michael said:
Spent the day at LAX watching planes land. Nothing beats doing that.

http://www.skysthelimit.simulatedga.com/images/LAX.html

Michael, must disagree.

You flew there (or near there) in your own plane, right?

THAT, beats "that."

I'd also suggest that a day of watching planes full of (newfound) friends come and go, at Gaston's, is right at the top of the list.

SCCutler said:
I'd also suggest that a day of watching planes full of (newfound) friends come and go, at Gaston's, is right at the top of the list.

A-MEN, brother! There are some people on this board with super-sweet airplanes. And all really great people too.

Actuall, the best location for plane watching at LAX is up on the hill immediately to the south. My brother used to live in El Segundo and we'd walk to the end of his street for a panoramic view of the entire airport. Even a short telephoto lens brings them in real close.

Nice Video Michael. Just curious the planes only seemed about 100-200'AGL from where you were. Did you feel any wake turbulence from the jets? especally the jumbos.

Richard said:
Actuall, the best location for plane watching at LAX is up on the hill immediately to the south. My brother used to live in El Segundo and we'd walk to the end of his street for a panoramic view of the entire airport. Even a short telephoto lens brings them in real close.

Not that I have done it, but I think a good place to plane watch it that parking garage that is on the final approach path to San Diego.

A long time ago I lived in a dorm near LAX just under final. The string of airplanes you could see on a clear night was awesome.

Back