VFR Sectional Wall?

The sectional I started using in June for flight training has now expired and there are a bunch of fluorescent orange course lines from my home airport to each airport I have flown to, including my XC flights.

I'm going to get a larger size poster frame from target and mount it in there. I think it will look neat on the wall with the course markings and such. I don't think I'd want to deal with the work of covering an entire wall, though I must admit that the bathroom covered in Jepp charts is cool. Can we get a couple more pics of that? The walls, not the dude dropping a deuce LOL.

I did it to the inside of my garage door which is 8 foot high by 16 feet wide. It holds all of California, Tucson is at the bottom center, Salt Lake at the top center and it goes as far as Wichita on the far right edge. I basically just posted on internet forums the list of what sectionals I needed and people sent them to me until I got two of each.

If you had a big enough wall and you really wanted to do this one word of advice - start in the middle, otherwise the east coast is going to be pointing up to the sky by the time you get there!

DSCN6822%255B1%255D.JPG

No pictures, but a chart wall is fairly common at flight schools/FBOs.

Bob Gardner

The garage door is a pretty cool idea. Totally stealing that. Our garage is officially known as "the hangar" while I'm building out there anyway.

Do you use the bathroom with your underwear pulled up or are you going commando?

The thin lines of the red velvet banana hammock butt thong do not photograph well. PM me if you would like a better photo.

No, really. Contact me. I'm lonely. Do you dream of unicorns, too?

:rofl:

I was thinking of doing the wall behind me in my office with sectionals just my old ones.

Definitely going to do the sectional wall someday, I've just got mine on cork boards right now. Currently my bedroom wall is covered floor to ceiling with vinyl album covers.

I have my wall covered with the entire Alaskan VFR Supplements (It's still missing everything from north of Bettles - Barrow... It's Huge!
alaskaVFR.gif

I did it to the inside of my garage door which is 8 foot high by 16 feet wide. It holds all of California, Tucson is at the bottom center, Salt Lake at the top center and it goes as far as Wichita on the far right edge. I basically just posted on internet forums the list of what sectionals I needed and people sent them to me until I got two of each.

If you had a big enough wall and you really wanted to do this one word of advice - start in the middle, otherwise the east coast is going to be pointing up to the sky by the time you get there!

DSCN6822%255B1%255D.JPG

Like the garage door thing.

I have LED lights down the driveway. A friend is trying to convince me to make them blue and put a red/green stop bar up at the garage end of the driveway. Heh.

When it's open people don't notice it so if you're out in the garage drinking beers with a few of the guys and hit the button it's eerily reminiscent of a certain James Bond movie.

I did a partial wall in my kids room and put plexi over it
are we all this nerdy ? Garage door is awesome !

Mine's behind the cat on the wall.

Attachments

• cat.bmp
    608 KB · Views: 25
When I was living in the dorms at college, I had the local chart hanging from my bookshelf above my computer. I used it as a view obstruction into my room if the door was open to the commons.

I made California by cutting up some old charts. the problem is you need two of every chart.
map_zps4e624f02.jpg

Has anyone ever thought about doing their walls filled with vfr sectionals? Kind of like wallpaper? I thought it would be kind of cool? Or am I just weird lol? Has anyone done this before and have pictures?
For a few years, we had a whole wall covered with WACs and we had pins in all the places we landed. But when we remodeled the room, that wall looked a little "wacky", so we replaced it with a 6ft x 10ft VFR wall chart of the whole country. I am going to frame it when I find time, but it already looks a lot better than all those charts taped up there.

But yeah, it is a little weird I guess.

Back