VFR Kern Valley - even some SR22T Hand-Flying

wayneda40

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
waynemcc
Today we’re flying with Jack in his Cirrus to Kern Valley… and contrary to rumor, you can Hand-Fly these lovely birds! If you’ve not been to Kern Valley CA, be sure to put it on your list… amazing scenery, on-field camping, and a great greasy spoon restaurant. Jack hand-flies the pattern in this tight canyon and on the return I try my hand, sans autopilot, at a GPS approach back into Santa Barbara. Thanks for flying with us. Wayne, GeezerGeek Pilot

Today we’re flying with Jack in his Cirrus to Kern Valley… and contrary to rumor, you can Hand-Fly these lovely birds! If you’ve not been to Kern Valley CA, be sure to put it on your list… amazing scenery, on-field camping, and a great greasy spoon restaurant. Jack hand-flies the pattern in this tight canyon and on the return I try my hand, sans autopilot, at a GPS approach back into Santa Barbara. Thanks for flying with us. Wayne, GeezerGeek Pilot
I love Kern! Last two times I was there were both in the Cirrus

Yes, a fun airport and approach! Flying north into the canyon before turning base looks a little daunting at first, but there's plenty of room.

Nice footage and flight path imagery. Great to also see the airbag seat belts.

Last edited:
Back