Vfr Flight plans

I got the feeling he meant that if you don't stick to a direct route (or whatever you file), you compromise the whole point of filing VFR, which is SAR. I'm not sure whether the search algorithm for VFR flight plans takes into account the filed route, however.

SAR takes into account the last known position combined with the route. Current methods use a 2009 NASA air search area definition study based on a statistical analysis of the location of missing aircraft compared to their intended / filed route of flight to calculate the probability of containment of an aircraft in a proposed search area. See this for way more info than you ever wanted:

http://www.uscg.mil/hq/cg5/cg534/ns...ed_Land SAR Addendum (1118111) - Bookmark.pdf

My very first exercise in class I got yelled at for not using the filed route on a VFR flight plan, so yeah, a) I've never made that mistake again, b) the instructors do a good job nailing the point home, and c) the VFR filed route is relevant =)

Whaaaaaaaa???????? Really? How? POIDH!!!!

Does he have a FRZ pin and file a FRZ plan prior to the flight? Otherwise, my understanding was that entry was not permitted SFRA flight plan.

To clarify: our planned route was D> KVKX but enroute we let ATC know we'd take a small deviation. They said 'okay' or something resembling that.

1. I ain't got no pics so quit askin'
  2. What's up with the name change?
  3. I'd been looking for that smilie - you must'a ripped it from somewhere else

[*]What's up with the name change?

Well, I've been Mooneying for almost two years now and figured it was about time I used a pic of a plane I was flying. And it's definitely turned me into a Mooniac all over again.

I updated my flown states map, too - Just a few left. :)

[*]I'd been looking for that smilie - you must'a ripped it from somewhere else

Nope.

[noparse]:needpics:[/noparse] = :needpics:

Adam Cope used to offer spin instruction out of VKX. Don't know if he's still there. There was also at least one other acro instructor on the field though I've not been around much (I was based at VKX on 9/11 and was in the first batch to get cleared to operate out of there, but not too long after I got the pin the Navion had an engine failure and after a three year restoration that follows I moved to CJR).

Adam Cope used to offer spin instruction out of VKX. Don't know if he's still there. There was also at least one other acro instructor on the field though I've not been around much (I was based at VKX on 9/11 and was in the first batch to get cleared to operate out of there, but not too long after I got the pin the Navion had an engine failure and after a three year restoration that follows I moved to CJR).

Adam is still there. The CFI I was referring to is Marianne. Her instructional style suits me, even if I have to contort my body to get into/out of her Citabria.

Well, I've been Mooneying for almost two years now and figured it was about time I used a pic of a plane I was flying. And it's definitely turned me into a Mooniac all over again.

I updated my flown states map, too - Just a few left. :)

No longer selling?

Back