VFR flight in Puerto Rico

Shamir

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Shamir
Hey guys!

Here's a quick video about my latest trip from Culebra (TJCP/CPX) to San Juan(TJIG/SIG) in Puerto Rico. Flew this Cessna T206H with a friend that just got his commercial!

If you guys have any questions about the Cessna 206 or flying VFR in the caribbean, please let me know!

Enjoy ;)

Nice views, Shamir. It must have been a nice calm day to be using 27 at TJIG.

That’s a crazy approach right over the top of those buildings.

That’s a crazy approach right over the top of those buildings.
Yup. TJIG is usually using RWY09, however, when wind shifts, you get to see big jets like Gulfstreams, Challengers etc, landing this way! :cool: definitely a treat for the pilots and the people on the road next to the approach end!

Yup. TJIG is usually using RWY09, however, when wind shifts, you get to see big jets like Gulfstreams, Challengers etc, landing this way! :cool: definitely a treat for the pilots and the people on the road next to the approach end!

one of my managers has a penthouse just left on that approach. its beautiful over there! Im hoping to get checked out at Isla Grande in the next week or 2...

Ah yes, ye ol stomping grounds. I miss the weather and topography of my formative home. Damn shame the economy is in shambles. West approach is a nice treat, you don't see that very often.

PR via Hindsight Airlines is my current bucket list trip. I'd love to make day trips to Vieques and Culebra with the family. Have some fresh catch by the beach, relax all day, fall asleep listening to the waves every so gently crashing by the cove. Load up just in time to catch the sunset over the hills of El Yunque and the lights of Viejo San Juan. Man if I had 2.5MM in a dividend bearing account today I'd quit this indentured servant bull----, buy a Cessna 310,geat a cheap apartment in Florida for the mainland staging, and snowbird the snot out of this thing for the rest of my life. Life's too damn short.

upload_2018-9-23_17-36-51.png

That is correct! Winds were calm and was very early in a saturday morning!

Very old post... but im a ferry pilot contracted to deliver a 172 to puerto rico from miami. It has aux tank, makes it nonstop.

Wondering what, if any paperwork i need. Its a vfr domestic flight, no passport required, no cuustoms, so can i grab flight following and go?

I have all the emergency equipment, etc and flown in the Caribbean prior. Just looking for simplest way.

Thanks for the advice.

Back