Very Happy

asgcpa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CPA
So I had medical issues from weight gain including Type II diabetes. The weight and medical issues kept me from flying. On August 6, 2012 I had weight loss surgery and to date I have lost 120 pounds, 18 inches in my waist and 4 shirt sizes. I just had my one year blood labs done in preparation for an annual follow up visit with the surgeon this next week. Got the lab results today and thrilled that the hemoglobin A1C is lower than it was six months ago (not to mention my cholesterol is lower and all tests are within normal range). Now if I can only lose the rest of the weight I want to lose. Time to kick it up in the gym more.....

The weight loss surgery saved my life. Flying and family was the inspiration to have the surgery.

That's awesome. Definitely keep up the great work. Flying and family can be amazing motivation.

So I had medical issues from weight gain including Type II diabetes. The weight and medical issues kept me from flying. On August 6, 2012 I had weight loss surgery and to date I have lost 120 pounds, 18 inches in my waist and 4 shirt sizes. I just had my one year blood labs done in preparation for an annual follow up visit with the surgeon this next week. Got the lab results today and thrilled that the hemoglobin A1C is lower than it was six months ago (not to mention my cholesterol is lower and all tests are within normal range). Now if I can only lose the rest of the weight I want to lose. Time to kick it up in the gym more.....

The weight loss surgery saved my life. Flying and family was the inspiration to have the surgery.
What type of bariatric surgery did you have? Do you have any side effects from the surgery if you don't mind me asking?

Okay, best reward for weight loss is a Mooney! :)

Well done and keep it up! I think the most important realization someone with a weight loss success story needs to come to terms with is that it your body doesn't fight fair. Research has proven your body will demand to return to its former weight, and maintaining your ideal weight will be harder than (you will need less calories) than someone of equal weight. Congratulations again!

Good work. I've been dieting and went from 193 two months ago to 179 this morning. Hope to reach my wedding day weight of 160 sometime in the next 5-6 months.

What type of bariatric surgery did you have? Do you have any side effects from the surgery if you don't mind me asking?

I had RNY. You can PM me and I will answer your questions. The surgery is only a tool. You have to retrain yourself as to what, how and when to eat. It is a complete lifestyle change.

Okay, best reward for weight loss is a Mooney! :)

Well done and keep it up! I think the most important realization someone with a weight loss success story needs to come to terms with is that it your body doesn't fight fair. Research has proven your body will demand to return to its former weight, and maintaining your ideal weight will be harder than (you will need less calories) than someone of equal weight. Congratulations again!

Dana.....Mooney just doesn't do it for me. But thanks for the congrats. And you're right. Body does not fight fair.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back