Very cool METARs in Foreflight right now...

Martymccasland

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
M.McCasland
Fired up Foreflight to check out weather for a trip tomorrow and was surprised to see this (attached).

Attachments

• IMG_0051.PNG
    IMG_0051.PNG
    443.5 KB · Views: 212
:rofl:

For those that don't have foreflight:

xo00ux.jpg

10pc60m.jpg

30k916e.jpg

So this means the Sleigh is ADS-B Out equipped?

I saw this morning as well and thought...wtf??? So it's just a foreflight thing then right?

I wish I was out flying... Be cool to poke fun at the KDTO tower with, "55WB at Hotel, Taxi to Runway with information Santa"

And when they comeback with their version of "WHAT??!?", I could advise, "It says right here on FF, reindeer in vicinity of runway!"

Is this Foreflights doing or the Towers are coding this in the METAR? Where does the Weather line of Foreflight come from?

Is this Foreflights doing or the Towers are coding this in the METAR? Where does the Weather line of Foreflight come from?
Not on WingX, not on the raw metars. Must be FF only.

Just think about the double entendre for the Billary Clinton ID.

Jim

Yeah, and then there's Sioux City... SUX.

And roughly halfway between SUX and KLIT lies Climax Springs, MO.

Really!

Last edited:
Just think about the double entendre for the Billary Clinton ID.

Jim

ATC and nearly all pilots around here simply call the airport by it's original name, "Adam's Field". I didn't even realize it was renamed until I saw the name change in Foreflight -- and I'm based there....

ATC and nearly all pilots around here simply call the airport by it's original name, "Adam's Field". I didn't even realize it was renamed until I saw the name change in Foreflight -- and I'm based there....

Can you imagine the additional radio congestion if everyone stated the full name, "Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport---Adams Field"?

Last edited:
So what's the raw (not decoded) version of "reindeer in vicinity of airport"?

Can you imagine the additional radio congestion if everyone stated the full name, "Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport---Adams Field"?

KXNA in Fayettville,AR is called Northwest Arkansas Regional. Every time the tower greets someone they say the full name. That has to get annoyingly old after the first few aircraft.

Every year there are a few of us in the NWS or ATC world that try to celebrate the holiday spirit in whatever way we can.

uhyba3eb.jpg

When I was at the center it was normal to see strips print out for Santa Claus and a holiday greeting from different facilities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

A few I saw last night...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    976.1 KB · Views: 49
Every year there are a few of us in the NWS or ATC world that try to celebrate the holiday spirit in whatever way we can.

uhyba3eb.jpg

When I was at the center it was normal to see strips print out for Santa Claus and a holiday greeting from different facilities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

nice!

Back