Verizon Samsuing Galaxy Tablet?

John Baker

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
John Baker
I had to go to the Verizon Store today, while waiting I noticed the Verizon Samsuing Galaxy Tablet. The lady said it had aviation GPS. She downloaded all the charts for the lower 48.

The Tablet costs $199.00, then $30.00 per month. It looks like it would be great if you could get a yoke mount for it.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/samsung-galaxy-tab.shtml

Anyone ever used this thing, does it work?

John

I like the form factor - and it comes in a wi-fi only version too... could be just what I need.

But I want to wait and see what NACO/AeroNav's realization that they aren't selling as much paper and their resultant "safety" (Think of the Children!) move will do to the availability of things like Naviator and WingX.

I use the galaxy tab and all the Avilution products. Works great for me. I have a Garmin Aera on the yoke so I keep the galaxy tab mounted to my kneeboard.

I use the galaxy tab and all the Avilution products. Works great for me. I have a Garmin Aera on the yoke so I keep the galaxy tab mounted to my kneeboard.

Are the Avilution products something that come with it, or is it something you have to purchase separately? Does the GPS feature work in conjunction with the charts? Does the GPS give similar information like the Aera? I have an Aera 510. I'm a complete dumb ass when it comes to all these technological wonders, so please forgive any stupid questions.

John

Back