Velocity for sale

iflyforfun

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
iflyforfun
I have recently accepted a 3 year overseas assignment and am thus considering selling my much loved 1998 fixed gear Velocity SE. The SE is the "short body" design with the dual gull-wing doors. Highlights are as follows:
* $69,500
* ~450 hours since new, 450 hrs since overhaul L-IO-360
* Velocity factory maintained since I purchased her in 2004
* Garmin GNS-430 WAAS GPS navcom
* Garmin GMA-340 audio panel
* Trutrak ADI Pilot II 2-axis autopilot and backup artificial horizon
* Collins 251/351 navcom
* Narco DME 890 DME
* mode C transponder

Pictures and additional details can be found at:
https://sites.google.com/site/velocityforsale/

N59412 is very straight and fast - don't believe me, have the pre-buy done at Velocity. They gave me very solid pre-buy inspection when I bought her and they told me she was solidly (straight, not heavily) built. At the last annual inspection, they did some rigging work including flight validation and told me she was very fast for fixed gear / fixed pitch prop. As she sits, she will cruise 165kts solo with full fuel at 2,500 rpm and around 145kts full gross at 2,350 rpm. I love her and don't really want to sell, but she will need to be pickled for the duration if I don't find her a loving home. Let me know if you have any questions.

Jeff

I'd consider pickling it. That way you'll still have it at the end of the three years.

EDIT: I see that you've been through this before. I'd still pickle it if you really want to keep it.

Last edited:
Great listing. Thanks for the Q&A on the website. That insurance is quite an eye opener.

One of my co-owners said, "We only need three more LLC owners to become a two-aircraft organization", after I forwarded this to them.

Heh heh. ;)

I forwarded it 'cause the OTHER co-owner always wants to go faster. I joked that I'd found "his" airplane. He loves canards and has original EZ plans he never built.

Well, don't we all want to go faster, I suppose. The other co-owner wants a 310 someday. Not happenin' any time soon.

I'm putting the odds that three pilots will show up out of the woodwork wanting to commit at nearly zero, though. It was just a funny e-mail exchange I thought fun to share.

History shows with our organization that out of five verbally committed people and one nearly committed, life knocked three out of really signing on the dotted line.

Six people said "I'm in", in one fashion or another. Three are really in. So goes aviation ownership these days...

There but for the grace of God, as the saying goes. Any one of us could take a similar fiscal beating at any time, really.

There but for the grace of God, as the saying goes. Any one of us could take a similar fiscal beating at any time, really.

Anyone who has owned a plane for over five years understands what a fiscal beating is. It's a buyer's market, for sure.

Bump ... bumping my own ad.

I've got two seemingly seriously interested parties ... we'll see how that goes. I clearly made a negotiating mistake - I posted it at the price I'm willing to take. I'll probably take her over to Sebastian (X26) and park her with the Velocity folks sometime this week.

Man, this is bitter sweet for a move. I've been wanting to get back to China, but a 3 year assignment makes it pretty tough to keep swallowing the costs of owning 59412.

Anyway, I'm still looking for a buyer. Haven't decided when I'll pull the trigger on pickling her.

Jeff

I heard China is trying to jump start their GA segment. (A Purple Boarder is working over there now and is apparently deeply involved with it). You might be able to fly it over via Alaska and Kamchatka.

I heard China is trying to jump start their GA segment. (A Purple Boarder is working over there now and is apparently deeply involved with it). You might be able to fly it over via Alaska and Kamchatka.
Pretty sure there is no AvGas in that part of the world (Kamchatka) unless you cache it yourself. Even then the airports are very few and far between.

One question - the 430W seems to be placarded VFR only - is this still true or a remnant from installation testing when the photo was taken?

Want it, but as I may be pickling my airplane for lack of gas money I won't be buying it.

Enjoy the free bump

One question - the 430W seems to be placarded VFR only - is this still true or a remnant from installation testing when the photo was taken?

Sorry I was slow on the response. Original GPS was VFR only. I replaced it with a GNS430 that has since been updated to a GNS430W. I had the 430 IFR certified and have the log book supplement to make it legal, I just never pulled the sticker off the panel since I don't have my instrument rating.

Sorry I was slow on the response. Original GPS was VFR only. I replaced it with a GNS430 that has since been updated to a GNS430W. I had the 430 IFR certified and have the log book supplement to make it legal, I just never pulled the sticker off the panel since I don't have my instrument rating.

So this was placarding the _pilot_. :D

Back