Vehicle Wraps [NA]

Can't imagine why you'd want to fake "patina".
What makes me laugh, is they fake it to look real, then put a clear coat over it. I guess there’s a demand for it because I went to a shop to get my Velocity seats reupholstered and they had a couple restorations in there with fake patina.

Off topic but what do you all think about the faux rust paint on old cars? I honestly don’t get it. Same thing I’ve seen on new houses in my area. Why fake something to make it look not only old, but an unattractive characteristic.
Not sure what drives such thinking. When I was in grade school we were not a well to do family and sometimes I went to school with holes in my jeans. It was embarassing but now you get to pay good money to look poor ... :dunno:

At some point in college a friend suggested that we could use the standard beer as a unit of measure. It can work for weight, cost, volume, even time and potentially even subjective things like boredom and attractiveness.
What amount of beer sets the standard. In Europe everything is in mL and then of course you have different alcohol content from beer to beer.

What amount of beer sets the standard. In Europe everything is in mL and then of course you have different alcohol content from beer to beer.
Coming up with the definition of a "standard beer" was one of the sticking points. But I'm sure we could have come up with something better than a metal cube under a bell jar, stored in a country that keeps being invaded every few decades. Maybe we could get the Canadians to do it. They seem to be pretty good at the gold coin thing.

Coming up with the definition of a "standard beer" was one of the sticking points. But I'm sure we could have come up with something better than a metal cube under a bell jar, stored in a country that keeps being invaded every few decades. Maybe we could get the Canadians to do it. They seem to be pretty good at the gold coin thing.

7be3cc9c2d56063aef2427e315927c54.jpg

Horizontal surfaces (hood) take a beating from the sun and thus need yearly rewraps.

Also, ever tried to take off a 10 yr old bumper sticker?

Horizontal surfaces (hood) take a beating from the sun and thus need yearly rewraps.

Also, ever tried to take off a 10 yr old bumper sticker?
After ten years I'd be worried it's the only thing holding the car together...

Can't imagine why you'd want to fake "patina".
Off topic but what do you all think about the faux rust paint on old cars? I honestly don’t get it. Same thing I’ve seen on new houses in my area. Why fake something to make it look not only old, but an unattractive characteristic.
It's not just cars ;)

AV2023Patina-1-1068x712.jpg.optimal.jpg

I can confirm that I've never seen "fake rust" in NY. Here, you'd need fake holes in the car to be believable anyway.

Back