Vans RV-6

Painter1

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Mike K
Seriously thinking about buying a share of an RV-6A. Flew it yesterday and Was very impressed. Sports car responsive and great speed to fuel consumption numbers. It is the 160 HP Lycoming 320 engine.

It is actually the first time, in 20+ years of flying that I have ever flown with a control stick in lieu of a yoke but it was surprisingly instinctive.

Any thoughts and experiences are welcome before I pull the trigger.

Provided you are comfortable with the quality of construction, I say go for it.

I think the 6A is the classiest design Vans has done.

Then again, I might be a tad biased.

Jeff Orear
RV 6A N782P
Peshtigo, WI.

Personally I'd be looking for a 6, not a 6A, but everyone I know with a RVs loves them, standard issue stuff like a prebuy of course, but yeah go for it

Find someone knowledgeable in RVs to do the prebuy inspection.

Then have fun, my uncle as a 4 and an 8, and they are both fun, fun airplanes. I've only been able to fly the 4, but hopefully the 8 sometime.

Seriously thinking about buying a share of an RV-6A. Flew it yesterday and Was very impressed. Sports car responsive and great speed to fuel consumption numbers. It is the 160 HP Lycoming 320 engine.

It is actually the first time, in 20+ years of flying that I have ever flown with a control stick in lieu of a yoke but it was surprisingly instinctive.

If you're like I was, coming from flying the usual assortment of Piper/Cessna spamcans, you're eyes have now been opened to what flying a truly responsive aircraft is like.

There's no going back. If it's built right, buy the share. You won't regret it.

That's why van calls a demo ride the most expensive free ride you will ever get.

Bob

Is this the one KCPS? I've seen it advertised, if I could afford a share I would definitely be looking at it.

If you're like I was, coming from flying the usual assortment of Piper/Cessna spamcans, you're eyes have now been opened to what flying a truly responsive aircraft is like.

There's no going back. If it's built right, buy the share. You won't regret it.

:yes::yes:

If you're like I was, coming from flying the usual assortment of Piper/Cessna spamcans, you're eyes have now been

Cessna/Piper -> Grumman -> RV -> Overhead Breaks

:D

Back