For Sale Vacuum Pump - Cessna/Garwin

SoCal 182 Driver

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
SoCal 182 Driver
Vacuum pump (with fittings) removed from my Cessna 182 a couple of weeks ago as part of a G5 upgrade. Shows part numbers...

Cessna: C431001-0101
Garwin: G-455

Working when removed, but as best as I can tell, it hasn't been overhauled since new, so you should consider it a core.

Spruce and Chief get $550 for an overhauled pump, with your core. Buying this would allow you to keep flying while this gets overhauled, and then have a spare on the shelf when your current pump goes bad.

$75, including shipping CONUS.

20221210_090258[1].jpg 20221210_090440[1].jpg

Last edited:
Vacuum pump (with fittings) removed from my Cessna 182 a couple of weeks ago as part of a G5 upgrade. Shows part numbers...

Cessna: C431001-0101
Garwin: G-455

Working when removed, but as best as I can tell, it hasn't been overhauled since new, so you should consider it a core.

$75, including shipping CONUS.

View attachment 112944 View attachment 112945
Curious, do you know how many hrs is on it. It is a wet pump? TIA

Curious, do you know how many hrs is on it. It is a wet pump? TIA

Gary - My engine has about 1,700 hours on it, so my assumption is that the pump does, too. I believe it is a wet pump.

Spruce and Chief get $550 for an overhauled pump, with your core. Buying this would allow you to keep flying while this gets overhauled, and then have a spare on the shelf when your current pump goes bad.

Wet pumps go and go.

50 years and 5000 hrs = no problem.

Amazing! That’s VFR though.

YMMV

Last edited:
IMHO The Dry Pump is one of the biggest fiascos ever foisted on GA.

I have only changed 1 Wet Pump and had to replace a plastic ( ?) part in the drive end.

My explanation of Dry Pumps is like a pencil as both are graphite follows.

Start drawing a line around the room.

How many times can you go around the room before the pencil is done?

Same with Dry Pump vanes. That’s only if you can keep contamination such as hose inner lining, oil and solvent out of the unit.

The longevity I mentioned IS accurate for one pump.

There are others but not that high, yet.

Back