Vacation

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
Barb & I are planning to leave the house after work Friday the 26, we will be gone 5 weeks, We'll take the truck and trailer across, Hwy 20 east to Spokane and then 97 up to Hwy 2 east, to Mackinaw, south to Flint, east to Port Huron, thru Canada to Buffalo, and east to my Sisters.

So, ya'll stay safe, well see ya later.

..... and how far East might that be??? It would be my pleasure to feast you with Maine lobster(is there really any other kind?).

HR

Well, so much for updates on the Fairchild for a while. :D Have a great trip.

Ghery said:
Well, so much for updates on the Fairchild for a while. :D Have a great trip.

Well, the hobby must be placed on he back burner for a while. but the engine is hung, the cowl speed ring is finished, the accessories are mounted, the wheel pants are finished and ready to mount. the wind screen is ready for glass.

So it's a month of sundays from flying.

Lawreston said:
..... and how far East might that be??? It would be my pleasure to feast you with Maine lobster(is there really any other kind?).

HR

Harley I wish we did have time to go to Maine. but prolly will end up in D.C. instead.

NC19143 said:
Harley I wish we did have time to go to Maine. but prolly will end up in D.C. instead.

Well if you do, please post a message with an ETA - I'd be happy to take you around the new Air&Space museum.

Tim
(who lives 10 minutes from KIAD)

We'll set up an intinery where you can stop by and do annuals for all of us along the way.:D

Enjoy your trip, Tom and Barb!

Tom, if you don't mind keeping in touch on your vacation, why not keep us posted along the way as to your next few locations. You're definitely on my "gotta meet one day" list and your US 2 route is well within my $100 hamburger range. I'm also going to be in Michigan near Mackinac Island over the Memorial day weekend if you expect to make it that far by then. And BTW, the hamburgers (or dinners) are on me.

lancefisher said:
Tom, if you don't mind keeping in touch on your vacation, why not keep us posted along the way as to your next few locations. You're definitely on my "gotta meet one day" list and your US 2 route is well within my $100 hamburger range. I'm also going to be in Michigan near Mackinac Island over the Memorial day weekend if you expect to make it that far by then. And BTW, the hamburgers (or dinners) are on me.

If we get away right after work on Friday, we should over night some where around Spokane, then Sat, we should be in Eastern Mt. or S.D. Sunday we should be in Mackinaw. barring any unforseen trouble.

Lawreston said:

HR

We Floridians think there are. :D

NC19143 said:
If we get away right after work on Friday, we should over night some where around Spokane, then Sat, we should be in Eastern Mt. or S.D. Sunday we should be in Mackinaw. barring any unforseen trouble.
Are you planning to stay on the island, visit, or just passing by? Of course you wouldn't be able to use your camper there.

Will you have a cellphone along? You can reach me at 612-867-4102 most anytime. If you can stand flying something a little newer than the Fairchild, I could show you the area from the air. KMCD (the airport on Mackinac Island is only about 20 minutes from the airport where I'll be over the weekend (KACB).

Last edited:
lancefisher said:
Are you planning to stay on the island, visit, or just passing by? Of course you wouldn't be able to use your camper there.

Will you have a cellphone along? You can reach me at 612-867-4102 most anytime. If you can stand flying something a little newer than the Fairchild, I could show you the area from the air. KMCD (the airport on Mackinac Island is only about 20 minutes from the airport where I'll be over the weekend (KACB).

We''d really love to meet and fly with every one along the trip, But I think we should limit it to lunch.

Thanks for the offer. we'll be plugging along trying to make mileage.

our cell 1-360-202-0961

Last edited:
NC19143 said:
We''d really love to meet and fly with every one along the trip, But I think we should limit it to lunch.

Thanks for the offer. we'll be plugging along trying to make mileage.

our cell 1-360-202-0961

OK, lunch it is. Please give me a call when you think you know when you'll be around Mackinac. I got the impression from misreading an earlier post that you were planning to stay at Mackinac Island, but after re-reading is sounds like you are overnighting on one side of the bridge or the other. I can meet up anywhere from the Eastern half of the UP to Saginaw (just north of Flint) pretty easily as long as we get together at an airport.

I talked to Tom today and he asked me to post that he's running almost a day behind schedule due to heavy rain along his route. Instead of reaching Sault St. Marie (Mackinac) by tonight he thinks he'll only be as far as Grand Forks. When we talked today around noon, he was only halfway across ND and he sounded tired of the driving and/or bad weather.

Barb & I rollled into NY state at 1800 tuesday evening, tired but safe, we overnighted at Coeur de"Alene, then Glasgow Mt. Cass lake Minn. and Higgens Hill Mi. 12 hours a day, beats ya down, we woulddrive until I got tired and hole up and hit the street at day light (0500)

but makig up for rain and heavy winds from Idaho. to Minn borader we desided to keep going as far as we could each day. sorry for missing you folks.

but we are planing to do I-90 on the return trip and set a day aside for Whitman field at OSH to see the museum. maybe we can do a meet there. on the saturday the 17th.

comments?

Then we would also like to make a stop in Minn. to see the wentworth av salvage yard.

NC19143 said:
Barb & I rollled into NY state at 1800 tuesday evening, tired but safe, we overnighted at Coeur de"Alene, then Glasgow Mt. Cass lake Minn. and Higgens Hill Mi. 12 hours a day, beats ya down, we woulddrive until I got tired and hole up and hit the street at day light (0500)

but makig up for rain and heavy winds from Idaho. to Minn borader we desided to keep going as far as we could each day. sorry for missing you folks.

but we are planing to do I-90 on the return trip and set a day aside for Whitman field at OSH to see the museum. maybe we can do a meet there. on the saturday the 17th.

comments?

Then we would also like to make a stop in Minn. to see the wentworth av salvage yard.

Comments? Weather permitting we'll arrange a "fly in to meet Tom and Barb" and buy ya lunch at Friar Tucks.

mikea said:
Comments? Weather permitting we'll arrange a "fly in to meet Tom and Barb" and buy ya lunch at Friar Tucks.

I expect to meet Tom and Barb here in Minneapolis and planned to see who else would be interested around here. I might also be able to pop over to OSH, depending on other commitments that day.

So who's available Sunday the 18th of June?

Back