Vacation "Flight Lessons"

Hi Tom... will shoot you a PM later tonight. If you are available Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon, I'm definitely interested in talking.

Happy to say I nailed my presentation today... Was a nervous wreck, as the room was full of hundreds of high level public safety officials from around the world. No pressure there! :confused: Then I remembered that I'm a pilot, dammit! If I can nail 40 degree crosswind landings in 26 knot gusts, I can nail something like this. Started by polling the room by asking how many people are pilots :)

Hi Tom... will shoot you a PM later tonight. If you are available Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon, I'm definitely interested in talking.

Happy to say I nailed my presentation today... Was a nervous wreck, as the room was full of hundreds of high level public safety officials from around the world. No pressure there! :confused: Then I remembered that I'm a pilot, dammit! If I can nail 40 degree crosswind landings in 26 knot gusts, I can nail something like this. Started by polling the room by asking how many people are pilots :)
Sure I'm free tues and wed. Let me know sooner than later so I can take the plane offline.

*edit. My planes are all booked 11-1pm on tuesday so we could do after 2pm or 1 plane available Wednesday anytime as of now (5:30pm sunday)

Last edited:
Here's another idea. Don't know if she plans on going for instruments someday, but maybe a GCA at Los Alamitos. There aren't many places you can do that. Just having experienced it once a long time ago could come in handy someday.

We have our students shoot those all the time there it's awesome not a lot of places that will let you do that, but they have no problem at Los Al as long as they arent super busy with the helo's

Made a flight to Big Bear Lake today... (was too foggy and cloudy along the coast for a Catalina trip). Was a very cool experience and the CFI I went with was great. Been coordinating with Thomas on a flight later this week as well... would still like to try for Catalina, if I can.

Made a flight to Big Bear Lake today... (was too foggy and cloudy along the coast for a Catalina trip). Was a very cool experience and the CFI I went with was great. Been coordinating with Thomas on a flight later this week as well... would still like to try for Catalina, if I can.
It's a nice place. I took my first mountain flight there as well. Learned a ton.

I own a flight school up here in Orange County (KSNA) I'd gladly come down to meet you in SD and let you fly all over so cal with either myself of one of my great instructors. $100/hr airplane GPS Equipped PA-28 $30/hr instructor. Typically we charge $120 and $50 but I am all about helping out other POA/CF members and people who are visiting. If I fly with you personally depending on date, you will just pay the regular rate on the plane and pay me nothing. PM me or email me thru our site TRCAviationAcademy.com This goes for all the rest of you travelers this summer as well.

-Thomas
Awesome Offer Tom. I will be in Socal in a couple weeks. Was thinking of trying the Catalina fly in lunch with an Aunt who has never been to the island. I will see if she is up for it and send you a PM later.

Awesome Offer Tom. I will be in Socal in a couple weeks. Was thinking of trying the Catalina fly in lunch with an Aunt who has never been to the island. I will see if she is up for it and send you a PM later.

Absolutely please do. I love flying to Catalina Feel free to email any time thru my site trcaviationacademy (dot) com or the same name at g mail and I will get you all set up

-Thomas

Back