V35 vs 182RG

Which One?

• V35

Votes: 33 54.1%
  • 182RG

Votes: 28 45.9%

• Total voters
I just don't get why anyone would by a 182RG over any model 210 (except the 1960 tiny 210, those are never on the radar).

Lycoming engine.
Lower insurance.
Better headroom.
Newer.

I just don't get why anyone would by a 182RG over any model 210 (except the 1960 tiny 210, those are never on the radar).

The 182RG have a better cabin than the >1963 flat spring gear 210?

For those who don't know the ?1964-1968? 210 is essentially a retractable 205, but to get the wheels in there are huge wheel well bumps in the third row seat area.

After that they had the round tube gear which is longer and allowed more conventional seats in the 3rd row.

Lycoming engine.
Lower insurance.
Better headroom.
Newer.

:yes:

I don't need or want a 210. Sure if someone paid me I'll fly one but that's not what I want to own. Fuel cost is more, mx is probably fairly comparable depending on the year/engine, maybe a tad more on the 210. Yeah, it'd be nice to get in the flight levels (You can with teh turbo 182RG, too) but it's not something I need, even though I enjoy long XC's.

I love 182's, but, if I'm looking to suck up the gear for speed and efficiency, Bo all the way.

If folks have issues with the HP difference, then compare 182RG to a Deb and get the same outcome.

Again - if the missions are shorter, go with the straight leg 182.

The 182rg has many advantages over the rest of the aircraft mentioned. First it carries an insurmountable load, over gross by 50% is common place. Second, any extra $$ spent on annual on the gear swing is easily made up in increased MPG. Third, you can cruise at 156kts/176kts at 8000K and 20,000, N/A/Turbo, respectively. 4th, you can land and take-off on 1500 ft grass strips at gross and sea level with no problem. 5th, it's a high wing which is invaluable in rain and hot summer days. 6th, it's a Lycoming with the only negative being a D-mag though it has a STC to replace it. 7th, it has more room in it than anything on the market, I'm 6'6" and can't touch the rudder pedals with the seat almost all the way back, plus it has reclining seats in front and back for ultimate passenger comfort. 8th, it has an 1150 mile range so it will beat most twins from Chicago to Florida since it rarely needs to stop for gas. 6hr range low, 1150 mile range high with VFR reserves. The 182rg is arguable the best single engine ever built. I've had the 210'N, also Bo's, Mooneys (hated them) too small and Barons. I would take the 182rg over any of them any day! #10, it is a rock solid IFR platform! Don't listen to any of the other posts, it's clear they never owed one! Check out Aviation consumer if you have any doubts!

Last edited:
The 182rg has many advantages over the rest of the aircraft mentioned. First it carries an insurmountable load, over gross by 50% is common place. Second, any extra $$ spent on annual on the gear swing is easily made up in increased MPG. Third, you can cruise at 156kts/176kts at 8000K and 20,000, N/A/Turbo, respectively. 4th, you can land and take-off on 1500 ft grass strips at gross and sea level with no problem. 5th, it's a high wing which is invaluable in rain and hot summer days. 6th, it's a Lycoming with the only negative being a D-mag though it has a STC to replace it. 7th, it has more room in it than anything on the market, I'm 6'6" and can't touch the rudder pedals with the seat almost all the way back, plus it has reclining seats in front and back for ultimate passenger comfort. 8th, it has an 1150 mile range so it will beat most twins from Chicago to Florida since it rarely needs to stop for gas. 6hr range low, 1150 mile range high with VFR reserves. The 182rg is arguable the best single engine ever built. I've had the 210'N, also Bo's, Mooneys (hated them) too small and Barons. I would take the 182rg over any of them any day! #10, it is a rock solid IFR platform! Don't listen to any of the other posts, it's clear they never owed one! Check out Aviation consumer if you have any doubts!
That big red warning saying "This thread is more than 9 years old"...yeah, we can ignore that...

Last edited:
That big red warning saying "This thread is more than 3 years old"...yeah, we can ignore that...

Considering the last post before today, that banner would have said, "This thread is more than 9 years old"... It kinda makes me want to go back and reply to the oldest thread in Hanger Talk just for kicks and so I can see the banner that says, "This thread is more than 17 years old"... :D

Considering the last post before today, that banner would have said, "This thread is more than 9 years old"... It kinda makes me want to go back and reply to the oldest thread in Hanger Talk just for kicks and so I can see the banner that says, "This thread is more than 17 years old"... :D
Edited...I thought it just stopped after a certain number of years...but when I checked older threads, you are right!

Back