V 12 airway

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
Some follow Route 66. I have been wanting to follow the airways. I got hosed. I thought V-12 which starts at GVO, NW of KSBA, (nothing but the sunrise starts in the east, sorry boys it's just the way it is) I thought the airway would at least follow I-40 across this great nation. But no...as far as I can tell the airway ends at Pottsttown PTW Vortac. is this true?

Anyway, that sux cus it's too far north of my intended route...which means I gotta switch airways. And that just won't do cuz I want to follow a single airway across the entire nation.

So...is there a 'mother road' airway? I know, 'mother road' refers to the very 1st interstate. But in this case I am wanting a single airway from coast to coast.

V2 goes from SEA to GDM

V6 goes from OAK to LGA

V8 goes from off the coast near LA to DCA.

just type the airway number into the nav box of foreflight and it shows you the entire length.

Edit: V16 is cool. Starts at LAX, crosses the southern US to RIC, then turns north up the east coast, crosses JFK and ends at BOS.

Last edited:
V6 approximates the first transcontinental air mail route. Is that close enough to a mother route?

Some follow Route 66. I have been wanting to follow the airways. I got hosed. I thought V-12 which starts at GVO, NW of KSBA, (nothing but the sunrise starts in the east, sorry boys it's just the way it is) I thought the airway would at least follow I-40 across this great nation. But no...as far as I can tell the airway ends at Pottsttown PTW Vortac. is this true?

True, from Gaviota, CA to Pottstown, PA.

So...is there a 'mother road' airway? I know, 'mother road' refers to the very 1st interstate. But in this case I am wanting a single airway from coast to coast.

"Mother Road" most often refers to US Route 66, it was only coast-to-coast if you consider the Lake Michigan shore as a coast. It went from Santa Monica to Chicago.

V-6 runs from Oakland to New York. V-16 goes from Los Angeles to Boston.

Last edited:

Anyway, that sux cus it's too far north of my intended route...which means I gotta switch airways. And that just won't do cuz I want to follow a single airway across the entire nation.

Where do you want to end up? Look at V-16 and see if that gets you where you need.

Back