USPS Mail Delivery Notification Service

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
They allow anyone to sign up for any address. Not kidding.

Want notifications of when the neighbors are getting mail and packages delivered? Just poke a throwaway e-mail address in with their home address! LOL. Works for anyone actually. Get notifications of anyone’s mail being delivered. Such service!

I’d say it’s a nice tool for robbers, but USPS can’t track anything worth a damn anyway, so it might really be there or it might not. Hahaha.

You’d think... USPS might have a sign up system where they confirm it’s your email... by mailing you a postcard... with a confirmation code on it.

Hahaha. Ya think that might work??

Loved the jumbo jets of USPS of the 70,80s

I kind of like the feature.

Amusingly, when I signed up for it, I used the account I've been using to print mailing labels on USPS.COM for years. When I got the images, first thing I noticed is it wasn't for me. But, I recognized the name. It was the guy who bought my house before last. Sure enough, my account (despite me changing the return address for the labels) was wired into my street address from two houses ago. I had to create a new account to get the current address.

I have been using it for a long time now. It does accurately show mail that you are supposed to get and never receive. I have had this happen twice now. Thankfully, nothing important other than ads that were first class mail. The service is ok. Not great, but alright and not totally useless.

The biggest issue is that it only shows flats. Your parcels don't show up.

This past summer we bought new pillows for our outdoor furniture... They came in 4 very large boxes, delivered by UPS... Now, my wife had scheduled pickup for 4 small shoe-box sized packages... you guessed it, the Post Office picked up the large UPS boxes and left the others... We thought they simply missed the pick-up because we had no idea the big boxes had even been delivered...A week later, I happened to be standing there, surprised to see UPS boxes being delivered by the mailman. I asked him when USPS had started delivering for UPS... that's when I learned what had happened... :confused: ...just felt compelled to share that... Sorry...

You guys get mail delivered to your home..??? What will they think of next..??

Actually here in NM, USPS does not deliver outside of the city limits, and then charge for a PO box.....

And UPS does have the worst tracking. I bought a new grill that was delivered better than 60 days ago. Still shows up as "enroute to be delivered".

Last edited:
You guys get mail delivered to your home..??? What will they think of next..??

Actually here in NM, USPS does not deliver outside of the city limits, and then charge for a PO box.....

Und UPS does have the worst tracking. I bought a new grill that was delivered better than 60 days ago. Still shows up as "enroute to be delivered".

We have rural mail so it gets delivered to a mail house in the neighborhood.

Damn. That reminds me, I forgot to update the NextDoor.com thread.

Pls post a link for sign-up
I googled it and signed up within just a minute or so of reading this thread. It must take a few days for your mail to be entered into the system. Either that, or I'm really not expecting any mail in the next week.

[QUOTE="And UPS does have the worst tracking. I bought a new grill that was delivered better than 60 days ago. Still shows up as "enroute to be delivered".[/QUOTE]

Too Funny!

I googled it and signed up within just a minute or so of reading this thread. It must take a few days for your mail to be entered into the system. Either that, or I'm really not expecting any mail in the next week.
What keywords did you use?
I tried usps + notifications and followed a lengthy but fruitless path. Thanks.

What keywords did you use?
I tried usps + notifications and followed a lengthy but fruitless path. Thanks.

Ron's posted the link, but I just copied/pasted the thread title into google and informed delivery was at the top of the search results. It sounds good and may work out, but this is day 2 and I still don't have any mail scanned. It probably takes a few days to kick in. We'll see.

Back