Using F-16 engine as frog-o-matic gets 3 court martialed

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
There was no mention of animal cruelty. It was the absolute heresy of throwing a foreign object into a running jet engine and for the SSgt, for allowing it to happen.

http://www.f-16.net/news_article2217.html

Wait 'til PETA gets on the case. I wonder if the state anti-cruelty laws have any jurisdiction.

This is just the kind of sophomoric crap that hurts servicemen so badly. These guys do deserve whatever is coming. While damage to the engine is unlikely, it hurts the morale of all involved and serves absolutely no purpose.

This is just the kind of sophomoric crap that hurts servicemen so badly. These guys do deserve whatever is coming. While damage to the engine is unlikely, it hurts the morale of all involved and serves absolutely no purpose.
oh I am thinking that since everyone was pulling weekend duty checking out the engines on other planes that there was some kind of blanket party given to these F-ups.

oh I am thinking that since everyone was pulling weekend duty checking out the engines on other planes that there was some kind of blanket party given to these F-ups.
I'm betting they are begging for a transfer. Iraq would be good.

Serves no purpose? Ever see a frog go through a jet engine? Me neither. I want to see it. And I hope PETA does get involved so the mil can tell them to go pound sand. Man, I see so many opportunites....

Serves no purpose? Ever see a frog go through a jet engine? Me neither. I want to see it. And I hope PETA does get involved so the mil can tell them to go pound sand. Man, I see so many opportunites....
Such Cruelty!!! :D

PETA is a horrible, evil organization.

I think we should all kill a frog tonight in protest.

I'm betting they are begging for a transfer. Iraq would be good.

But these guys are complete screw ups!!?? The only screw ups they seem to be allowing lately to have anything to do with Iraq is in the Senior Leadership and policy areas, mostly located in West Wing offices.

It the 3 strikes rule
1) They performed the act
2) They videoed the act
3) They placed the video on The net for the world to see

Most criminals convict themselves because the want to brag and let the world know what they did.

But these guys are complete screw ups!!?? The only screw ups they seem to be allowing lately to have anything to do with Iraq is in the Senior Leadership and policy areas, mostly located in West Wing offices.

Naughty Scott! We're not in the Zone. :eek:;)

I've always been of the opinion that animals should not be abused or overcooked.

I have no problem with pulling the legs off of 50 frogs for a meal, but to waste any creatures for fun should be a felony...... not to mention wasting a good jet engine.

I have no problem with pulling the legs off of 50 frogs for a meal, but to waste any creatures for fun should be a felony...... not to mention wasting a good jet engine.

I have the feeling the frogs aren't alive when the legs are removed, but most frog's legs come from India so anything is possible.

Reminds me of a bit that was done on the radio in Cincinnati one time - "Froggie in a Blender". Froggie was the mascot of a competitor station. they did get some protests about it...

The audio is still on the internet, you just have to pay to hear it. :(

Alright Ya'll, flame away, but indiscriminant killing for no other reason than just to watch something die is cruel and it serves no useful purpose. Doesn't matter if it's a frog or a person.

I can see someone thinking it'd be funny to throw a frog in a jet engine. I can see someone even recording that wanting to remember it. The first one was stupid and the second was more stupid. But the thing that killed them was the fact that they posted it on the internet. If they are stupid enough to post it on the internet they should not be around airplanes.

Alright Ya'll, flame away, but indiscriminant killing for no other reason than just to watch something die is cruel and it serves no useful purpose. Doesn't matter if it's a frog or a person.

Exactly right.

I can see someone thinking it'd be funny to throw a frog in a jet engine. I can see someone even recording that wanting to remember it. The first one was stupid and the second was more stupid. But the thing that killed them was the fact that they posted it on the internet. If they are stupid enough to post it on the internet they should not be around airplanes.

Agreed to both statements. I hunt and kill animals, I catch and sometimes kill fish - I eat what I kill. Personally, I can't see it any other way for me.

Agreed to both statements. I hunt and kill animals, I catch and sometimes kill fish - I eat what I kill. Personally, I can't see it any other way for me.
I'm shocked! People killing what they hunt for food??? I wonder if county zoning will let me plant my front yard with corn stalks? I love fresh corn and green beans!

Greg, I'll supply the veggies and you supply the venison! :D

I'm shocked! People killing what they hunt for food??? I wonder if county zoning will let me plant my front yard with corn stalks? I love fresh corn and green beans!

Greg, I'll supply the veggies and you supply the venison! :D

Put the whole yard into rhubarb and strawberries and in a couple of years we'll have strawberry rhubarb pie to go with this batch of elk jerky I ruined yesterday ... it won't be in any worse condition when your rhubarb is ready to pick than it is right now... hoping whatever I screwed up doesn't repeat on the sausage I'm smoking today ...

I guess 7500 is appropriate about now ... sorry

Back