User Fees?????

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
In response to my communication with Maine congressman Tom Allen I received a letter which included the following statement:

"I believe that all users of the aviation system should pay for
FAA services, and that it is hard, and unnecessarily bureaucratic,
to assess airlines and general aviation companies based on their
perceived use of the system. Therefore I disagree with the
President's proposal and believe that in general, the existing
system is the most appropriate way to fund air traffic control."

HR

Is he not aware that GA pays more in fuel tax per gallon (about four cents or 20% more) than the airlines with their use of jet fuel? I think we pay plenty for our appropriate usage.

I'm glad he's at least opposed to the change and to more bureaucratic nonsense.

Sounds to me that he is acknowledging that more than rich pilots and airlines are "users" of the system i.e. the public. I applaud him. The only thing now is to get the FAA funded 100% from the general fund.

Sounds to me that he is acknowledging that more than rich pilots and airlines are "users" of the system i.e. the public. I applaud him. The only thing now is to get the FAA funded 100% from the general fund.
Awesome, we can take the money from subsidies to tabacco farmers.

That shouldn't tick off to many in Virginia and the Carolinas. :)

From Congressman John Boozman (R - member of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee).

From his form letter:
"The proposed user fees and taxes will have a significant impact on general aviation, which could deter pilots from flying and cause financial problems for general aviation airports. In addition, the creation of an Air Transportation System Advisory Board could give the FAA much more authority than it currently has and could change the role of Congress in oversight of the FAA."

and his handwritten note:
"Chip, I agree with you and will oppose this. Thanks. John."

One-at-a-time coming forth to oppose can get the job done. Phil Boyer and associates have kept the pressure on D.C. We must, similarly, be a collective voice.

HR

I talked with our congressman, Baron Hill, last week when he stopped in our local American Legion. He told me that he would vote "NO" on the proposed user fees and taxes. So far he has a 100% voting rate.

Back