User Fees Vote in Senate

Rockfly

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jim Rockford
One of the few issues to cross party lines. Too bad on the outcome; we almost won.

Remember These Names... On Both Sides

AOPA notes 11 members of the Commerce Committee deserve special recognition from pilots for their tremendous work in supporting the fight against user fees. First of all, Sens. Bill Nelson (D-FL) and John Sununu (R-NH) stepped forward to sponsor the amendment. Sens. Byron Dorgan (D-ND), Mark Pryor (D-AR), Tom Carper (D-DE), Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX), Olympia J. Snowe (R-ME), Gordon Smith (R-OR), John Ensign (R-NV), Jim DeMint (R-SC), and David Vitter (R-LA) all supported the amendment.

On the other side, there were 12 senators who supported user fees: Sens. John D. Rockefeller (D-WV), Trent Lott (R-MS), Ted Stevens (R-AK), Daniel K. Inouye (D-HI), John F. Kerry (D-MA), Barbara Boxer (D-CA), Maria Cantwell (D-WA), Frank R. Lautenberg (D-NJ), Claire C. McCaskill (D-MO), Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), John McCain (R-AZ), and John Thune (R-SD)

That's a shame. I'm sending a note to Sen. Pryor today thanking him for his support. As for McCain, he probably wouldn't have gotten my support anyway - but he sure as hell won't now.

Lott surprised me with his bill. I expected as much from McCain and Stevens needs the general fund money for bridge building.

This may be Snowe's only conservative act.

Lott surprised me with his bill. I expected as much from McCain and Stevens needs the general fund money for bridge building.

This may be Snowe's only conservative act.

There are a lot of people in ME who would argue that Olympia is quite conservative...

Just sayin'

Cheers,

-Andrew

I called Senator Cantwell's office yesterday morning. I don't think they knew what I was talking about, but that's about par for the course. Could have been worse, I could have had to call Senator Murray.

Back