User Fees - Letter from Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
I received a letter from Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison today in reply to a letter/fax I sent her at AOPA's request when the Committee was voting on a proposed fee structure. She voted AGAINST the resolution (as AOPA wanted), but the measure still passed with a vote 11-12. Here's a copy of her letter and thoughts about FAA funding if you're interested in reading it.

http://www.whistman.com/files/KBH_FAA_Funding.pdf

The taxes collected now from the little GA pilots isn't enough? Just what does she think is equitable for the weekend guy who simply likes to fly to regional airports for the fun of it? :dunno:

Wow, she must have been on a roll. She EXACTLY the same letter to me; got it Tuesday.

Funny thing though.

Her signature is exactly the same, too, and looks almost as if it it was printed on a color laser printer. (grin)

Wow, she must have been on a roll. She EXACTLY the same letter to me; got it Tuesday.

Funny thing though.

Her signature is exactly the same, too, and looks almost as if it it was printed on a color laser printer. (grin)

Should we write her a boiler-plate letter about her boiler-plate letters, Spike?

I don't expect a U.S. Senator to send personal letters to each of their constituents, but for you two guys don't you think she could have picked up the phone? I mean, really! She doesn't know who she's dealing with here. :rofl:

The taxes collected now from the little GA pilots isn't enough? Just what does she think is equitable for the weekend guy who simply likes to fly to regional airports for the fun of it? :dunno:
Sorry, fun is no longer in the best interests of the United States of America.

Well, no letter for me, but then again, I just picked up the phone and called her office. Same with Sheila Jackson Lee, urging her to support the House bill.

So, I emailed Ms. Hutchison a few days ago, after learning that she is going to fill Trent Lott's seat on the aviation subcommittee, to congratulate her and urge her to fight user fees. Her emailed response that I received today? A verbatim copy of Troy's letter...

So, I emailed Ms. Hutchison a few days ago, after learning that she is going to fill Trent Lott's seat on the aviation subcommittee, to congratulate her and urge her to fight user fees. Her emailed response that I received today? A verbatim copy of Troy's letter...
It's nice to know the staff is good at holding on to form letters until their use is assuredly no longer be required!

That's fine as long as she works to defeat user fees.

Back