Useful load in a SR22?

I think Rulon needs to retire to a recliner. jeepers snowmobile crash, motorcycle crash, airplane crash.

I have no idea what the useful load is in SR22 but i doubt that was the cause of this accident. sounds like low alt CFIT.

I think Rulon needs to retire to a recliner. jeepers snowmobile crash, motorcycle crash, airplane crash.

I have no idea what the useful load is in SR22 but i doubt that was the cause of this accident. sounds like low alt CFIT.

Agreed on both counts - sounds like you said, CFIT. I'm just wondering how they all squeezed into that plane. I feel like I have to shoe-horn myself and one passenger into a PA-28.

Rulon just crack me up, though. I don't think I've ever seen him without that goofy grin, no matter what happens!

Not a SR-20 or 22 driver never been in one. We have a few at out airport. I was talking with a high time pilot that has time in some. He flys things for pits to b-52's. He was talking about the single lever for prop and throttle. That when pilots chop the throttle it will also pull the prop back.
Just a thought flying low over water get a little low wile fast. Pull back on the throttle to far and you drop that nose when the prop is pulled back as well.
I am also think there was a moron flying.
I know out of a plane if I do somthing stupid it bits me in the ass. So I try my best not to be stupid in a plane.
John

Per the Cirrus brochure I got in the mail today (I can't decide between basic white and the new "Sterling Silver" exterior paint scheme)...

SR22-GTS
Maximum Gross 3400 lbs
Standard Empty Weight 2250 lbs
Usable Fuel Capacity 486 lbs
Full Fuel Payload 664 lbs

SR22-G2
Maximum Gross 3400 lbs
Standard Empty Weight 2250 lbs
Usable Fuel Capacity 486 lbs
Full Fuel Payload 664 lbs

SR20-GTS
Maximum Gross 3000 lbs
Standard Empty Weight 2070 lbs
Usable Fuel Capacity 366 lbs
Full Fuel Payload 594 lbs

SR-20-G2
Maximum Gross 3000 lbs
Usable Fuel Capacity 366 lbs
Full Fuel Payload 594 lbs

SRV-G2
Maximum Gross 3000 lbs
Usable Fuel Capacity 336 lbs
Full Fuel Payload 614 lbs

He wrestled in '00 at about 287 (130kg class) and '04 at about 265 (120kg class). No telling what he weighs now, lets say 265.

Assuming 2 180lb guys with him, that's 625. Dunno where the CG is, and dunno which model.

Not that it matters much, like John said - don't be stupid in an airplane.

those numbers seem aufully low Steve. I have not flown one, but i recall seeing much higher useful load figures somewhere.

those numbers seem aufully low Steve. I have not flown one, but i recall seeing much higher useful load figures somewhere.

Those are the numbers I knew of. Not only that he took that right out of the Cirrus literature.

Back