:( Used to be a cool place to fly

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
My girlfriend took this picture today. Such a shame, I loved, absolutely loved this airport! I was able to claim it for the ConUS challenge about 30 days before it closed, IIRC. :(

BTW, this picture is me putting on my best pouty face.
attachment.php

Attachments

• croppedNick3v5.jpg
    croppedNick3v5.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 302
What a waste:loco:

Yep. Eric Jensen used to be based there and I've flown in and out of ther a few times. Too bad.

:mad:

Yea, it's a sad day! Airports continue to close at an alarming rate across the nation. Well, hope you made it into downtown Fort Collins. Very cool town!

What happened there? Is the airport closed?

Yeah. I don't know the full details, but one of the owners crashed/died and then the rest closed it and sold it. Its now being used for storage. :(

It was a lot more convenient than fort collins downtown

Yeah. I don't know the full details, but one of the owners crashed/died and then the rest closed it and sold it. Its now being used for storage. :(

It was a lot more convenient than fort collins downtown

I thought Fort Collins Downtown was the airport under discussion.

I hate seeing fields close. I now make it a point to tell friends when I take them flying like I did yesterday how important GA airports are to local and regional economys. I think it should be told to any one we take up for a ride.

My old chair had his 182 based there. Wonder what happened.

You have a chair with a pilot's certificate?!!!! Wow, I thought you had to be able to speak and read english to get one. So did your chair talk more like Mr Ed or my Mother the Car? ;) :D

Chair as in Departmental Chairman. You guys have been spending perhaps a wee bit too much time in those woods.

Back