Used golf club pricing

JOhnH

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Right Seater
I have an old set of some pretty good (in their day) Mizumo golf clubs. My wife bought them for me around 30 years ago when I was thinking about taking up the game, but we opened a business instead and there went my free time. Eventually, we bought an airplane and there went all my spare cash and 30 more years slipped away.

I have decided to try to sell them as I don't see ever trying to take up the game, and even if I did, I'd probably want newer, better clubs.

Any suggestions on pricing for a full set of old but good quality and lightly used clubs plus Mizumo standing golf bag and a manual walking cart?

Golf clubs tend to be like electronics. They become obsolete and replaced with a ‘better’ version not long after you walk out of the door.

If they’re 30 years old, they’re not going to bring a whole lot. A few bucks a club at best...

We have them in a climate controlled storage facility at the moment. I plan to bring them home tomorrow and I can post pictures.

Long way to fly for a set of used clubs, but any excuse to fly is a good one. Not that it really matters, but what would you plan to do with them?

I would say 25 bucks tops for a top of line, perfect condition, set of 30 year old clubs. They just don’t hold their value at all. The technology changes quickly for them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would say 25 bucks tops for a top of line, perfect condition, set of 30 year old clubs. They just don’t hold their value at all. The technology changes quickly for them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Looking like I'd get more satisfaction out of donating them to a worthwhile cause.

We have them in a climate controlled storage facility at the moment. I plan to bring them home tomorrow and I can post pictures.

Long way to fly for a set of used clubs, but any excuse to fly is a good one. Not that it really matters, but what would you plan to do with them?
Play with them. Also would be nice to have a set for friends to use when they come over.

If they’re considered collectors items there might be some interest, otherwise they are scrap metal.

The original Ping anser putters (with old zip code) are collectors items for example.

Tom

Play with them. Also would be nice to have a set for friends to use when they come over.
I hope to have pictures of them tomorrow, and I'll check for any sort of deterioration. The bag may be worth more than the clubs at this point. I'd prefer someone make use of them rather than have them sit up in storage.

There are used club merchants out there. Get the exact make/model and google it. You'll see some out there that might give you a rough idea of potential price. They also might be better as individual clubs than a set. I have clubs of a similar generation and lost one. I found a replacement and paid $20ish for it. Happy with that as it was way cheaper than buying a whole set. Comes down to how much you value your time.

Only some of the true classics can hold value or considered a rarity. There are some minuzo lines that are like that though.
I have a set of ping eye 2 copper beryllium that I will play every now and then because they feel so great. I get offers on them when I bust them out often.

Never got into golf but was amazed when I learned from a golf nut co-worker years ago about this whole “new tech” thing and getting new clubs all the time.

Reminded me of skiers who buy new skis every year and still suck at skiing. LOL.

Ya gotta love hobbies. I’ve got a few that have similar crappy ROI. Ham Radio people buying another HF rig to replace the same tech (SDR was truly new) and hooking it to the same old crappy compromised suburban lot antenna, always fun.

Why not! New positions or menu buttons that do the same old stuff as badly as last year! LOL!

We are strange creatures. Truly. Hahaha.

Call the biggest golf community in the area and ask if they have a "FIRST TEE" program and donate them there. It's sort of the "Young Eagles" of the golf world.

I don't golf either, but somewhere I have an Eastern Airlines branded putter, wonder if it's worth anything...

Back