Used Airplanes for sale?

FloridaPilot

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
FloridaStudentPilot
Can you go to a place where they have different airplanes and you can look in them and even go up in a few for a fee?

If they don't have that, I believe that would be a great idea to promote GA and sell airplanes, Similar to a car lot.

What do you folks think?

I don't think there are any real airplane brokers that are like that.

Best thing you can do is make connections and ask around for nearby examples of the type or types of airplanes you are interested in. Then you can approach the owner (best if you are introduced by one of your connections) and ask to see their airplane and maybe offer to pay for gas if they'll take you up.

I did something very similar just this weekend. I've been looking for a Beech 18 to show my wife to see if she'd be interested. Found one nearby and reached out to the owner (fellow member of the local CAF squadron) who was more than happy to let us come out and climb inside to see how it felt.

There are only a few brokers left,that have a bunch of inventory at there location. Not an easy journey to find a used airplane.

I don't think there are any real airplane brokers that are like that.

Best thing you can do is make connections and ask around for nearby examples of the type or types of airplanes you are interested in. Then you can approach the owner (best if you are introduced by one of your connections) and ask to see their airplane and maybe offer to pay for gas if they'll take you up.

I did something very similar just this weekend. I've been looking for a Beech 18 to show my wife to see if she'd be interested. Found one nearby and reached out to the owner (fellow member of the local CAF squadron) who was more than happy to let us come out and climb inside to see how it felt.

I actually love em all anything that flies basically!

Purchase inspirations though are the Cirrus SR22, Piper Warrior, Piper Cherokee, Cessna 206.

Would love to take the family up when time permits!

Purchase inspirations though are the Cirrus SR22, Piper Warrior, Piper Cherokee, Cessna 206.

Well, the Warrior is easy - just go to just about any GA airport/flight school that has one and ask to get checked out.

As far as the others, ask your CFI or local flight school if they know anyone in the area with the aircraft you are looking for and see if they can introduce you to some owners.

Can you go to a place where they have different airplanes and you can look in them and even go up in a few for a fee?

If they don't have that, I believe that would be a great idea to promote GA and sell airplanes, Similar to a car lot.

What do you folks think?

They do have such places... they are called airports. :yes:

But you have to spend some time on a nice weekend day, walking around and schmoozing before you find what you want.

Unfortunately the volume of aircraft sales is too low for owners to willingly position their planes away from home base (thus making their own use of the plane extremely inconvenient).

Between all of those, get the 206, easy. Just get a U206 with the extensions and 550, and front pax door, sweet plane.

Between all of those, get the 206, easy. Just get a U206 with the extensions and 550, and front pax door, sweet plane.

Do they put 550s in a 206? I thought it was either the 520 or 540 Lycs...

I wish it were that easy!

For safety reasons I would like to purchase the Cirrus but with the 206 I don't think I'm going to travel with enough people often enough to use the extra room. The piper Warrior would be a plane that I would just go up in. Don't have enough resources for all of them but I would do it if I could. :yes:

Back