USAir Ruined my weekend they can ROT

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
@#$%@#@ :mad3:. I swear I want to write profanity here:mad3::mad3: USAirways has freaking RUINED my weekend. They can go suck wind. I never went to business school but I can tell you their business model is apparently lets screw with customers and see how much business we can loose. My bet is the other legacy carriers may not be much different but oooo I am so freaking ****ed.

So why am I posting this in 6Y9er well because right now I'm supposed to be about 30,000+ feet over Michigan on the way to MKE to be picked up by Ed for 6Y9er. But I'm NOT:mad3:

I was gonna go with Ted but then he ended up doing the dog flight and I booked Commercial on USAir. I'm packed and dressed for the north woods and was on my way to PHL and I call USAir from the Highway to check on something for my return trip and the rep tells me oh sorry Mr. Zucker your flight this morning was cancelled for Aircraft Mx. Ya know what I don't have an issue with that. But when I booked my flight they asked for my email and my travel day phone number. Why? So they could freaking contact me if there was a problem with the flight. Here I am dealing with miserable traffic get super close to the airport and I only find out by happenstance the flight is cancelled.

Oh but don't worry the rep tells me we have you on a flight that gets in at 7:16 PM tonight. No that won't work I tell him I need to get in this afternoon. He tells me the flight with the afternoon arrival is over booked. I ask if they will get me into a different airport with my current ticket. Sure he says. Ok I Ihave to call my friend and see what he can do and I'll call back.

Well Ed can pick me up at Grand Rapids, Lansing, Travers City, Green Bay, Appleton, Madison ( Pete & Kent). So I call back and speak to Female rep #1 who I can just about understand. Well sir we can get you into Green Bay but that will be an extra charge $150 for the change PLUS the difference in ticket price. Well why is that ask. Well sir you volutarliy changed the flight. Ahh I say, didn't I tell you that you cancelled the flight for Mx reasons. Yes sir she says but your changing the routing. Huh? Well Sir we can get you into Chicago O'Hare, Indianopolis or Minneapolis for the same price. I told her yes but my freind can't get me at any of those airports. So I asked for a supervisor she said she had to transfer me and disconnected me.

Sooooo I call back and get female rep # 2 who can't help and sucessfully transfers me to female rep # 3, all the while I'm texting and called Ed who is trying to find flights for me as well. Of course #3 is no better than the others. When I ask how far Minnieapolis is from Milwauke she tells me 300 miles. And IND is 206 miles. Interesting I say, how far is Green Bay from MKE? Thats 90 miles sir. Granted ORD is about 60 miles But what a PITA.

I told her that I need to get else where from MKE and that neither ORD, IND or Minniapolis would work, my friend coudn't get me there. She told me that they consider those three airports alternate airports for MKE and anything else was a routing change that would cost me major bucks.

Now they fly into GRB , MSN and to ATW ( appleton) and there are actually flights in to each that would work. AND those flights have empty seats. I want to know what freaking rocket scientist dreamed this moronic plan up. They could put me on a connection from somewhere to GRB, ATW or MSN filled an empty seat, kept my ticket money and not paid any extra to get me there as they had a damn plane flying there anyway and I could have gotten to 6Y9er.

BUT NO! They are freaking morons, they lost their ticket revenue and Ruined my weekend.:mad3::mad3:. I have not problem with the Mx cancellation its their idiotic policy. I was so looking forward to 6Y9er
Damn #!$%^*& Airline!

Adam, if you get to ORD I can drive you to MKE or another Chicago airport for somebody to get you.

Call my cell!

If you get in late tonight you can bunk here at casa-Migaldi and then fly up with me tomorrow. I can pick you up at MKE or ORD pretty easily.

time to spare go by air. more time yet, go by jet.

sorry to hear it adam, i know you were planning on a fun weekend up north :(

That sucks Adam, I was really looking forward to seeing you again. I would offer, but we'll be heavily loaded as it is. I hope you can work it out with one of these other people.

That really, really sucks. Sorry to hear it bro.

Thanks very much Mike and Scott for the very kind offers. I already cancelled my "unilaterialy reschedualed ticket" And I rechecked rates from PHL and surrounding fields to ORD, MDW and MKE and its all one big cluster you know what.

Oh Man - that really sux!!! Know you were looking forward to this.

USless Airways is one I avoid at nearly all costs - and that's often a pain since they are the major carrier out of PHL.

Gary

Wow, that really sucks Adam. I hate US Air too but unfortunately I end up flying them a lot since they have a hub at PHL.

They have the only nonstop flight to Philly from here, and the least expensive one to boot (or at least it used to be). I am sorry you have so much trouble.

Edit: Yup, still $118 round trip if you book in advance.

Last edited:
Adam, if you miss out totally at least there's the WV gig. At least that's what I kept telling myself.

US Airways did get me home from Elmira when I goofed up booking on Northwest and they couldn't get me home. That was nice. Of course, I paid for the priveledge.

They have the only nonstop flight to Philly from here, and the least expensive one to boot (or at least it used to be). I am sorry you have so much trouble.

Edit: Yup, still $118 round trip if you book in advance.

Michael if your trip didn't live and die so many times I would have done it.

+2.

Still, with the numerous kind offers, there still is a chance. There is hope.

I wish that were true but the other flights just didn't work out. The offers were great and something that is so great about POA.

I'll just repeat what really ticked me off was not the cancellation. That stuff can happen but just the utter stupidity of not putting me on a flight to GRB that had seats without paying another $200+ but sending me to Minniapolis 300 miles away for no charge. I wonder if they will even respond to the letter I write.

They should have bent over to try and help you. Then again, United breaks guitars.

I wish that were true but the other flights just didn't work out. The offers were great and something that is so great about POA.

I'll just repeat what really ticked me off was not the cancellation. That stuff can happen but just the utter stupidity of not putting me on a flight to GRB that had seats without paying another $200+ but sending me to Minniapolis 300 miles away for no charge. I wonder if they will even respond to the letter I write.

They will probably respond with a roach letter that mentions all the common complaints they get, plus a voucher for $100 that must be used in the next year, only if you book through them and usable only during off-peak travel dates.

Suggest you send a copy of the letter to your congress critters indicating that this is why people (rich or not so rich) use private planes OR indicating why we need a airline bill of rights (your choice).

This is the kind of thing I was talking about in the Channel 9 thread. There seems to be confusion, a lack of customer service and an unwillingness to go the extra mile to make things right for the passenger. Sorry about your trip, Adam.

Sorry Adam! That really reeks, I know you were looking forward to this.

I myself am home, having found out at Dulles that my flight home was canceled this afternoon - after standing in line the best they could do was put me on the 830 AM tomorrow - and cab fare HOME (but not back to the airport again, so I'm out almost 25 bucks even though it was mechanical error, so they said... I have my doubts as the later one to Cleveland was completely full - perhaps with the ones who got to Dulles before I did? When I checked in last night I was surprised the afternoon flight was so empty).

...That stuff can happen but just the utter stupidity of not putting me on a flight to GRB...

...Easy stop for me & better yet ATW is a stone's throw... :( Really sorry for you Adam!

Sigh. We're leaving in the morning from PIA to 6Y9 and would still meet you to deliver you from any of the terminals along the route..... I'll check the board in the AM.

Thanks Bruce, It was just not gonna work with the flights available. Again thanks to you , Scott and Mike for your kind offers. I guess on the bright side it really makes me appreciate GA that much more!

Adam, that sucks. Now I'm really sorry that I canceled on you, since it all ended up working out so poorly and the weather this weekend was so excellent.

On the plus side, this was, hands down, the most successful flight I've done for Cloud Nine/ARF to date, so I do feel I made the right decision. I'm just sorry that it resulted in you getting screwed on the trip.

So, the only person who tried to make it to 6Y9 this year and didn't was the guy who was going to fly commercial!

Believe me I missed it too. Tamson was extra nice to me cause she knew how dissappointed I was.

So, to sum up - this is all Ted's fault.

Well Adam, I think you need to book your flight for next year right away - On Bezanson Airways or DuPuis Puppydog Hops. I hear the latter may not be as reliable and has a funny smell in the cabin though. ;)

We sure missed having you there! :(

Well Adam, I think you need to book your flight for next year right away - On Bezanson Airways or DuPuis Puppydog Hops. I hear the latter may not be as reliable and has a funny smell in the cabin though. ;)

Actually, with a vacuum and a bunch of Febreeze, you can't even tell I transport dogs in it. Our animal passengers seem to think we're pretty reliable, too. ;)

We sure missed having you there! :(

And I feel badly that I couldn't make it, and as a result screwed things up for Adam... :(

So, to sum up - this is all Ted's fault.

You sound like several girls I used to date. ;)
Acceptance of that type fo phrase is the key to a good relationship. Well that and developing two reflexes. The first one is when asked to do something you say "yes dear". The 2nd is that when asked "who does this make me look...". The response, without looking, is "beautiful as always, dear!"

Acceptance of that type fo phrase is the key to a good relationship. Well that and developing two reflexes. The first one is when asked to do something you say "yes dear". The 2nd is that when asked "who does this make me look...". The response, without looking, is "beautiful as always, dear!"

I see you had a practice wife, too... ;)

You missed the third. When asked what you want for dinner, the response is an enthusiastic "how about we go out!"

Back