USA map

dakota-cowboy

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
dakota-cowboy
If you have been on POA for awhile I assume that you may grow weary of newbies who ask questions that have been covered time and time again. But after searching for help in the threads and not finding what will give me the answer I now ask for help knowing that some POA veterans will shake their head, "not again".

I would like to add the USA map that so many POA members have going on their posts and I would like to know how to color the states that have been visited and will visit thanks to the Operation:FLY.

Sorry if this is something that is answered every month. I admit that I am a bit "techo-challenged". It is just a cool addition to the post.

you make a very good point.

there really should be a PoA specific FAQ (vs. the vBulletin info) for new registrants.

how to include a map in your signature should be one of them.

Go to www.epgsoft.com/VisitedStatesMap to create an image and save it to your hard drive

To put it in your signature, you need to go to User CP->Edit Signature

upload the picture from your hard drive you previously created

Last edited:
Thank you for the help FLY RIGHT !
I got the map made and hopefully I got it attached to this when hit the post botton.

Looky there!

Just make sure you check the rules for coloring in map locations. Some POAers have strongly held views on the subject, hence my disclaimer. I've used my PIC ability to fly in and takeoff and land in every state but two, but there's one opinion that if you didn't fly there from wherever you're based it doesnt count.

Just make sure you check the rules for coloring in map locations. Some POAers have strongly held views on the subject, hence my disclaimer. I've used my PIC ability to fly in and takeoff and land in every state but two, but there's one opinion that if you didn't fly there from wherever you're based it doesnt count.
Doesn't matter. I'm based from wherever the plane I'm flying is located, even if temporarily! So if I took off/landed in a state, it counts! :yes: Otherwise, only a handful would ever be able to claim Hawaii, and we'd need to set rules on how long a stay qualifies one as being "based" there!

Doesn't matter. I'm based from wherever the plane I'm flying is located, even if temporarily! So if I took off/landed in a state, it counts! :yes: Otherwise, only a handful would ever be able to claim Hawaii, and we'd need to set rules on how long a stay qualifies one as being "based" there!

I agree and thought it was a silly debate but there are POA mooks that think differently and in fact likened my time float flying in Alaska and another time in Hawaii as the equivalent of sitting in an airplane making airplane noises because I didn't fly there from my home base. Hence, my sig.

If you have been on POA for awhile I assume that you may grow weary of newbies who ask questions that have been covered time and time again. But after searching for help in the threads and not finding what will give me the answer I now ask for help knowing that some POA veterans will shake their head, "not again".

I would like to add the USA map that so many POA members have going on their posts and I would like to know how to color the states that have been visited and will visit thanks to the Operation:FLY.

Sorry if this is something that is answered every month. I admit that I am a bit "techo-challenged". It is just a cool addition to the post.

Thanks for bringing this up, I finally learned how to post my map.

Anyone who has ever read a trade magazine or a special interest magazine, such as Flying or the AOPA magazine, after time, starts to notice that there are just so many subjects related to whatever audience the publication is targeting.

What keeps it interesting is the many ways different authors will present the same subject. Just about always, there will be at least one little nugget of new information that can be gleaned.

Specialized web sites such as POA are much the same, fascinating to the newbie and interesting to the veteran.

Stifling potential authors from bringing up an often repeated subject shortchanges the entire site, and discourages new contributors.

Let them ask anyway, who knows, something new or interesting might just pop up.

John

Back