US Sport Aviation Expo this week

I was planning on attending,but plans have changed.Have to be up north for a week,this will be the first I have missed.

I visited today. The LSA fleet is an interesting mix of kit finished (exposed machinery, aluminum, sometimes rough) and some very slick glass and snazzy finishes. It's a smaller show than a few years ago.

On a cool side note, there was a sports car race at Sebring today too.

Anybody else go?

John

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Been wondering why this show survives these days. Sun n Fun and Air Venture show the same airplanes :dunno:

I visited today. The LSA fleet is an interesting mix of kit finished (exposed machinery, aluminum, sometimes rough) and some very slick glass and snazzy finishes. It's a smaller show than a few years ago.

On a cool side note, there was a sports car race at Sebring today too.

Anybody else go?

John

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

According to the show organizer: It was the biggest outside display in the history of the show. But it sure seemed smaller to me than the first one I went to in 2009.

John

They shut down Friday completely. Pretty disappointing for a little rain and wind and staff was rude about it. (Guys sitting at the gate rolls down window and says closed for storm all day today and probably tomorrow. Another visitor stops and after we tell him what they said his casual response was "good flying day for Iowa". lol...made me smile)
While our point was to demo a number, it would have been nice to at least talk to someone. Saturday people were there but no flying due to wind. At that point we had already walked around the whole place in between showers on Friday, so wasn't going to bother on Saturday. It guess it was second year in a row it was weathered out. Not worth a return trip for us. Pretty much a wasted trip from New England. My buddy was there to write a check.
As it happens a friend was racing at the track - had more fun with him than at the expo.

Back