US Govt Tax Refund

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
US Govt Tax Refund of Bank of America. They called to tell me "the banks" owe me $1,800. They send me a very important 7 digit confrimation number and their agent will contact me to confirm that very important number. The number is very important. Before they can give me the number which is very important they need to "verify" me. The only way to do this is for me to provide them with account numbers and routing codes.

I said I haven't had business with BoA in years. They said that is okay since "all the banks are collaborating together to issue these refunds through BoA".

If anyone here wants my $1800 it is yours as long as you issue me a small fee for my participation. I will have to verify you and then give you a very important number. Remember, it is a very important number.

I received a strange letter from BoA this week regarding a "business credit card" ending in xxxx that hasn't been activated and the old card will expire on x date. Since I've never had a BoA cc I call the number.

I talk to some foreign lady who asks for the info on the card. I explain I don't have a card and never had a card. She then proceeds to tell me the info off the letter (last 4 of the alleged cc, name and address). That failed to pull up the information. Alas, she says she can pull it up via my SS number. Ah, no thanks, think I'll pass.

Gosh, you guys are such cynics!

It could have happen...
No, I know exactly where my contributions to Uncle Sam are. They are at the bottom of a 25 meter crater covered in sand. Money well spent. As for any refund, they can drop another with my name on it.

Back